my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » New C/H Sounds available

Author Topic: New C/H Sounds available
Rayman
Member # 3032

posted 04-05-2000 11:23 AM     Profile for Rayman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Get this file for replacement of Hokum-Sounds
in C/H. (Thanx to Flexman !)
http://www.longbow.cwc.net/files/audio.zip (1.4 MB)

Make a backup of SOUND.HDR file sould you want to revert to the original sounds.
And simply unzip this package into the RAZORWORKS/AUDIO folder.

This is unfinished ! Timing with the visuals
isnīt correct at this time, i have to edit
sounds so that will fit.

Flexman told me that heīs adding a new page
for his CH-Control-Panel so that youīre able
to exchange sounds in C/H with your own.

Iīm still looking for some Comanche-Engine-Sounds - let me know if you
can offer some...

Posts: 88 | From: Germany | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
goon
Member # 457

posted 04-05-2000 11:52 AM     Profile for goon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Quick work Rayman!
I'll try them when I get home.....
Cheers for your efforts,
Goon

------------------
I'm the famous Eccles!

Posts: 124 | From: Stafford, England | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Rayman
Member # 3032

posted 04-05-2000 02:18 PM     Profile for Rayman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh, mostly itīs Flexmanīs work, iīm only
collecting sounds and he makes it possible
to use them in C/H.

Richard 'Flexman' Hawley
Member # 55

posted 04-05-2000 03:17 PM     Profile for Richard 'Flexman' Hawley   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I'm the kind of guy who only builds bombs, I don't drop'em.

[BTW: For any NSA or CIA agents reading the above, I meant it purely in a rehtorical sense. I am not familiar with explosives, but I can write a mean "Hello World" program in C++.]

Thanks to Rayman and S|im for compiling and experiementing with sounds, we (or rather they) should have a pretty complete chopper sound replacement. The end-user tool is coming along nicley.

[This message has been edited by Richard 'Flexman' Hawley (edited 04-05-2000).]

Posts: 396 | From: West Yorkshire, United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bobo32
Member # 1366

posted 04-06-2000 04:57 AM     Profile for Bobo32   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Love the new sounds!! Thanks guys!

Ive noticed since installing them that the comms voices, particularly my gunner, are kinda distorted and break up - I didnt notice it before, but it may have been there. Have you experienced this at all ? I expected distortion with radio comms, but it sounds more like a problem than a feature!

Also, this could just be my system, but the game seems to pause whenever there is incoming intelligence or comms - is there anything I can do to minimise this pause (im pretty sure I went for the full install). Apart from this, the thing runs as smooth as silk - 1027x768 with lower detail cockpit.

I have a PII 350, 256Mb Ram, Voodoo3 3000 and Soundblaster Live Value, if that tells you anything!

And.....boy, do I LOVE this sim! Low-level high speed flight is awesome! I havent even started fighting with it yet!

Posts: 155 | From: Southampton, Hampshire, UK | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Renegade1-1
Member # 3512

posted 04-06-2000 07:06 AM     Profile for Renegade1-1     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Rayman:
Here is a short sound of the Comanche-Engine. Sorry, but itīs the only sound I found. http://www.boeing.com/rotorcraft/military/rah66/audio/comanche.wav

------------------

Posts: 46 | From: Berlin, Germany | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Kamikaze
Member # 1453

posted 04-06-2000 07:54 AM     Profile for Kamikaze   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bobo,

I also had that "pause". I have a the same video and sound cards you do. I have a P3 600e. I installed the 3dfx drivers from the C/H cd and presto, no pauses anymore. Hope it helps.

Bobo32
Member # 1366

posted 04-06-2000 08:20 AM     Profile for Bobo32   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks Kamikaze - For some reason, Im always TOTALLY paranoid about putting new drivers on, but if youve found they work ok, I'll give it a try!

Posts: 155 | From: Southampton, Hampshire, UK | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Rayman
Member # 3032

posted 04-06-2000 02:22 PM     Profile for Rayman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Renegade1-1:
Rayman:
Here is a short sound of the Comanche-Engine. Sorry, but itīs the only sound I found. http://www.boeing.com/rotorcraft/military/rah66/audio/comanche.wav

Hmm...itīs bit low quality, but thanx for
every tip

Renegade1-1
Member # 3512

posted 04-06-2000 03:35 PM     Profile for Renegade1-1     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Same direction: There are two videos (inclusive sound). http://www.boeing.com/rotorcraft/military/rah66/rah66video.htm
You can filter the sounds from the videos.
Sorry, but thatīs my last suggestions. I donīt know where you can find other related sounds of the RAH-66 Comanche.

------------------

Posts: 46 | From: Berlin, Germany | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

Đ COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.