my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » Editing C/H campaigns

Author Topic: Editing C/H campaigns
Yorkshire Tea
Member # 170

posted 04-05-2000 04:35 AM     Profile for Yorkshire Tea   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tis is really a question directed at those who have played with the .dat files in the 'common\data' directories and the .chc files in the 'common\maps' directories. (I'm posting from work so the second file set is from memory)

I can edit the .dat files to change the composition and formation of ground units (e.g. Set all Frontine units to Tanks & SAMs only, and support units to APCs/SAMs)

I've also changed the FRONTLINE_FORCES variable in the .crc file to 16 (the maximum) for both sides in an attempt to get more ground units in the campaign.

However, Once I enter the campaign the maximum size of a ground unit seems to be only 8 vehicles. Flexman's strategy guide suggests that the number of vehicles is conrolled by the size of the road node at the map entry point. Could someone please explain have units are allocated to the map/campaign? Is it possible to have 16 vehicle units?

Posts: 315 | From: leeds | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.