my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » I know it's been answered but.....

Author Topic: I know it's been answered but.....
Private Roger
Member # 763

posted 04-04-2000 04:52 PM     Profile for Private Roger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just got Comanche V Hokum today. I only had to wait 5 days for delivery from overseas.

I have a PII 400 with a Ge Force. I am having alot of trouble getting it to run in anything but 640x480

Can some one tell me "specific" instructions on how to fix this. I have read you change a line somewhere, but where?

Anyone who can help I would appreciate it.

PR

Posts: 74 | From: Dallas, Texas USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Donald
Member # 1659

posted 04-04-2000 08:05 PM     Profile for Donald   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Go to www.simhq.com/
In the upper right of the home-page click on the message boards tab. Then click on the first one, Combat-helo. The third topic, at the moment, from merace, is about the G-force problem. "Flexman" (Mr. Hawley) explains how to work around the problem. You might want to dl Flexman's CH Launcher Utility, which will make the work-around a bit easier to implement (I think).

Private Roger
Member # 763

posted 04-04-2000 08:33 PM     Profile for Private Roger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The forum and message you refered to gives the same answer. Turn off the nontl switch. My question again is....just where is this switch??

PR

Zero G
Member # 311

posted 04-04-2000 08:57 PM     Profile for Zero G   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
go to your shortcut that you use to start up C-H, right click on it and go to properties. It should have a line that looks like this:

D:\Razorworks\cohokum\cohokum.exe

If you add the notnl switch to this then you have what you are looking for. It will then look like this:

D:\Razorworks\cohokum\cohokum.exe /notnl

Apply the changes and you are good to go.

------------------
Z

Posts: 374 | From: Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Private Roger
Member # 763

posted 04-04-2000 09:19 PM     Profile for Private Roger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I get "The name specified in the target box is not valid" as a response to that solution.

Thanks for trying though.

PR

Blaze
Member # 198

posted 04-05-2000 12:17 AM     Profile for Blaze   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You most probably forgot a space between .exe and /notnl. Or made another typo.
K6_Scorp
Member # 4025

posted 04-05-2000 01:39 AM     Profile for K6_Scorp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I tried adding a switch to something a while back and got the same error. If I recall correctly, it was due to a space in the path (ie; C:\Games Dir\frogger.exe). If there is a space in one of your directory names, this may be causing this too.

------------------
Shoot - Move - Communicate

[This message has been edited by K6_Scorp (edited 04-05-2000).]

Posts: 195 | From: Sunny Southern California | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Private Roger
Member # 763

posted 04-05-2000 05:46 AM     Profile for Private Roger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, it was in fact a space that didn't belong.

So I don't get that prompt anymore, however, I am still unable to change the resolutions, so I haven't accomplished anything.

<sigh>

Thanks for all the help though fellas.

PR

Blaze
Member # 198

posted 04-05-2000 10:20 AM     Profile for Blaze   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What/where are you trying to change them? From the Options screen (there you have to do it befor you start a campaign or other flight) or while in flight with SHIFT-F3/SHIFT-F4?
Private Roger
Member # 763

posted 04-05-2000 05:27 PM     Profile for Private Roger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Blaze

All of the above.

It's really frustrating for me. Whatever I try I CTD. I have sent an email to Razorworks, and got an immediate reply, but no soloution. Yet!

Any other ideas I'll be happy to try.

PR

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.