my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » ! SOUNDS FOR C/H WANTED !

Author Topic: ! SOUNDS FOR C/H WANTED !
Rayman
Member # 3032

posted 04-04-2000 08:38 AM     Profile for Rayman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
O.K., im in contact with flexman about the
replacement of sounds in c/h (because they are not the best) and he only needs some new sounds for that.

IF YOU THINK, YOU HAVE GOOD SOUNDS FOR PUTTING INTO C/H, PLEASE POST IT HERE !

( perhaps i should record my vacuum-cleaner
for the comanche-engine - its reported to
sound like that )

Posts: 88 | From: Germany | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
S|im
Member # 1377

posted 04-04-2000 09:08 AM     Profile for S|im   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Its reported to sound like that...to an extent. Its supposbly the fact that tail rotor is set inside the tail boom itself know as a fantail design that contributes to the vacum sound and the design of the main rotor blades, being a 5 blade main rotor system it is reletivly quite. This provides the sharper pitch and not the tradional 'thumping' sound most people are accustomed to. You hear more of the overall turbines of the engine then the actual sound of the rotor blades. Im no expert on the Commanche but I've been told that is what the sound is derived from. And from watching footage I would agree. So I guess...you could make more 'hmmmmmmmm' to it, like a lower pitch buzz of a turbine. I will fiddle with the sounds and see if I cant come up with something. I will post what I come up with this afternoon when I get back from classes.

[This message has been edited by S|im (edited 04-04-2000).]

Bobo32
Member # 1366

posted 04-04-2000 09:15 AM     Profile for Bobo32   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Would it be worth trying to just increase the relative volume ? It is SO quiet compared to the speech - you can hardly hear what the engine sound is like at all. I know this might be realistic - the Comanche may well be very quiet, but I would enjoy hearing the engine a bit more.

I seemed to remember liking the sound in LB2 (probably not so good now, as it is old) - combined with the F4 view and the shake, I felt like I was there!

Just a thought!

Posts: 155 | From: Southampton, Hampshire, UK | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
S|im
Member # 1377

posted 04-04-2000 09:52 AM     Profile for S|im   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
waiting for my account to be activated my again to post the file/s.

That is a good point about wanting to hear the engine sound. Im working on that as we speak. the Internal volume is tough call, a split between realism and best for all. You have to relize that the pilots feel the engine and rotors vibrating and we dont. They hear the whine-growl of the turbines and not so much the rotors, mainly because there active noise reduction helmets. But we do need the audio cues to add realism and immersion to the game. I will post what I come up with and you can tell me what you think, I will then take suggestions. Of course my lack of time makes it a bit difficult to spend much times doing it. But I strongly urge others to contribute. Especially if Rayman and Flexman are willing to put in some time organzing and adding the wavs.

[This message has been edited by S|im (edited 04-04-2000).]

Swampthing
Member # 388

posted 04-04-2000 12:23 PM     Profile for Swampthing   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Personally I think the rotor/engine sounds in TA are the best. I'd just use those for C/H as well. Only problem though is i think the hokum/havoc/apache/comanche are all using the same effect so what one gets they all get. I might be wrong though, but I could live with the team alligator rotor sound for all of em.
Rayman
Member # 3032

posted 04-04-2000 01:43 PM     Profile for Rayman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bobo32:

Youre right, ability to adjust the volumes
would be helpful. Ive told this to Flexman,
too.

Slim:
It would be nice if you could get some sounds
for the comanche.

To all:
New Soundset for the Hokum is on the way to
Flexman

Now we need sounds for the Comanche !!!

Posts: 88 | From: Germany | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
S|im
Member # 1377

posted 04-04-2000 02:19 PM     Profile for S|im   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Rayman, I would be intersted to hear your sounds for the Hokum, so I can base mine around it. Within in the same volume level, bass level, tone..etc.

I dont think we want anything to varried from one to another. They can be unique but within the same sound contrast and volume.

Drop me a line and perhaps some files:
[email protected]

I uploaded a quick site with some wavs available. I'll be adding more as I modify them. Right now, working on getting the commanche sounds in order.
http://members.home.net/coreyw1

[This message has been edited by S|im (edited 04-05-2000).]

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.