my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » C/H is definantly impressive

Author Topic: C/H is definantly impressive
S|im
Member # 1377

posted 04-03-2000 09:07 PM     Profile for S|im   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Im impressed! They did a nice job improving over A/H, the attention to detail is excellent. Ive only played for a couple hours but I like buzzing through the canyons, opping over a hill and laying waste. The radio comms are much better done as well, still a little korny, but much better.

Anyways, I did have a quesiton though...in the A/H you could get the two popup mfd's in full screen mode, is there not a way to do this with C/H? I didnt see it in the manual, unless I overlooked it. Other then that I noticed most all the keys are the same for both titles.

ANyways, look forward to more time with this one.

Oh, also got Gunship from a friend. Its so-so. The terrain is nice...more realistic, but the flight model and overall play ios pretty simplistic and not overally impressive. Of course I didnt get the manual from my buddy either so I had to figure out most keys on my own, and in the training scenario thing in the main menu.

Enforcer
Member # 85

posted 04-03-2000 09:56 PM     Profile for Enforcer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Slim wrote: (Snip)
Anyways, I did have a quesiton though...in the A/H you could get the two popup mfd's in full screen mode, is there not a way to do this with C/H? I didnt see it in the manual, unless I overlooked it. Other then that I noticed most all the keys are the same for both titles.

No we don't have that in the Comanche/Hokum, we do have the "glass" cockpit tho. Use Shift 0 for switching and it works for Apache/Havoc's c-pits as well where it will switch for no-cockpit view.

Enforcer.

[This message has been edited by Enforcer (edited 04-03-2000).]

Posts: 342 | From: Brossard, Québec, Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
S|im
Member # 1377

posted 04-03-2000 10:04 PM     Profile for S|im   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well damn that sucks...hopefully we'll see that in a patch? I miss the full screen mode WITH mfd's. But I guess just something I'll have to get used to. Atleast Im not the only one complaining about it :-)

Thanks enforcer, take care.

Enforcer
Member # 85

posted 04-03-2000 11:11 PM     Profile for Enforcer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well i'm not complaining, i'm used to it by now. I remember when i first started to fly the Comanche/Hokum i wasn't too sure, but you'll get over it with some flight time, hehe.

Enforcer.

Posts: 342 | From: Brossard, Québec, Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Richard 'Flexman' Hawley
Member # 55

posted 04-04-2000 05:31 AM     Profile for Richard 'Flexman' Hawley   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh well,

It seems somebody read that post - so it seems you WILL see mini MFD repeaters in a patch.

Posts: 396 | From: West Yorkshire, United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
AWJ112
unregistered

posted 04-04-2000 08:40 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Richard 'Flexman' Hawley:
Oh well,

It seems somebody read that post - so it seems you WILL see mini MFD repeaters in a patch.

What about the ability to autorotate? Maybe by implimenting a seperate key to power up one or both eingines seperate from the rotor brake?

IP: Logged
S|im
Member # 1377

posted 04-04-2000 08:48 AM     Profile for S|im   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, thats a good thing right Flexman :-)

Anyhow, thanks to Razorworks for a splendid title.

BTW Flexman, excellent job..once again on your strategy guide. Finally left the sim long enough to read the entire thing. Everytime I would start reading it would pump me to play some more. Some very good advice in there. You have any plans on perhaps dedicating a website to CH, AH, like you did for lb2? Which Im surprised a lot of you guys are still playing.

Anyhow, let me know.

[This message has been edited by S|im (edited 04-04-2000).]

Bobo32
Member # 1366

posted 04-04-2000 09:19 AM     Profile for Bobo32   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Did anyone ever play LB2 over the internet ? I never did, but it sounded like quite a blast if it worked. I still have LB2, and often go back to it!

And has anyone tried C-H over the net yet - is it any good ? Im VERY impressed with the sim so far!

This may be in the manual - sorry if Ive missed it - but what I should I do with the 'cross-coupling' option - I cant remember what it does - is ON or OFF realistic ?

Thanks!

Posts: 155 | From: Southampton, Hampshire, UK | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Scout
Member # 657

posted 04-04-2000 12:30 PM     Profile for Scout   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OFF is the realistic setting - don't put it on OFF if you don't have pedals...

Cheers,
Scout

Posts: 715 | From: Israel | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
TetsuBo
Member # 330

posted 04-04-2000 12:50 PM     Profile for TetsuBo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bobo32, this game is very sweet over the net.
At last we have target sharing again. =)
Enforcer, in canada and on cable, and I, in sweden on 56K, had a great flight. No problems at all. Weapons lag can be a bit high at times but not as bad as in A-H.

------------------
I am TetsuBo, eater of cookies and souls

Posts: 127 | From: Stockholm, Sweden | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.