my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » GUNSHIP?? Annoyances..questions??

Author Topic: GUNSHIP?? Annoyances..questions??
Surreal_Head
unregistered

posted 04-03-2000 08:51 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just got it this weekend, slapped it in my hard drive and went straight to instant action(I never read manuals at first It looked gorgeouse, LOTS of trees,ok they are billboards but its surprisingly effective when theres so many. The whole thing is gorgeouse and FAST I did'nt have any frame rate problems on my P350 w/vodoo3 2000.
But after only a very short time I started to realise and notice some very annoying elements:
1) Whenever I switch to the out side "fly by"
view WHY does the pilot automatically take control and start to do his own thing? It would be nice to have the ability to control
the helo whilst looking at it from the outside..most other sims allow this..why not Gunship? This was very very annoying. Also in the chase camera mode, you can rotate the view around the helo, nice, but when you let go of the view button it snaps back to the rear view..arghh..again, very annoying..most sims let you pick a nice cool looking angle
to watch the plane, but not Gunship. Which is a shame because the models are gorgeouse guys..can this be fixed perhaps??
2)I guess my issues are with "control" in this game, I realise there are 2 positions in the game, Pilot and Co/pilot gunner, but
I like to have control over whats going on, as soon as I switch to the gunner position control is taken away of the helo..arghhh..
was'nt there some way to use the arrow keys and the joy stick so we could do both? The pilot just goes off doing his own thing, following way points or whatever and Im not in control? Also whenever I switch from an inside view to an outside one, the "Auto Altitude" is turned off?? what?? Then I have to re-set it by that time the pilot has started climbing up 200,300 feet in the air..what the hell is going on?!
I realise this game is not a "sim" its on the novalogic end of the scale, to be sold at "Target" along with Deer Hunter4 and Nascar racing..but I thought those details where very poorly implemented even for an Arcade game..I hope they are addressed..? I think if Microprose had gone full out on this to make it a real Sim it would have been AWESOME..*sighs*
Comments?ideas..? Does anyone from the companys ever read these forums anyway?

IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.