my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » Graphics Problems in CH - BEWARE.

Author Topic: Graphics Problems in CH - BEWARE.
Charnier
unregistered

posted 04-01-2000 11:41 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As good as this game is, there are some SERIOUS Graphics problems. Voodoos do not seem to manifest these problems at all but on my GeForce DDR the draw distances are pathetic with things literally appearing in front of you. The command line does not fix this and in some cases I think it makes it worse. I have tried 2 GeForces now with a wide array of drivers. (All Nvidia Reference)

1. 3.53 (From CH CD)
2. 3.68 (From CH CD)
3. 3.69
4. 3.77
5. 5.08
6. 5.13

None of these drivers solve this problem and while some have suggested that it can be rectified with drivers I dont think that is the case as I have tried all the recent drivers with no success. While this may not be a "gamestopper" for everyone it certainly detracts from the overall experience. Nvidia seems to be having many problems of late and I am questioning whether I will be buying another Nvidia based board. After not being able to play Messiah or Armada I am somewhat disillusioned.

Chazza

IP: Logged
Charnier
unregistered

posted 04-01-2000 11:46 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's worth pointing out that this may be NO fault of Razorworks.I just wanted to make people aware.

Chazza.

Swampthing
Member # 388

posted 04-01-2000 12:11 PM     Profile for Swampthing   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Exact same issue on my geforce.
Swampthing
Member # 388

posted 04-01-2000 12:26 PM     Profile for Swampthing   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Use the /notnl Switch suggested in my other thread, i just tried it and I can now see power line towers from a LONG way away as well as trees and full towns. It totally fixed that issue.
skip
Member # 1470

posted 04-01-2000 12:34 PM     Profile for skip   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
SWAMPTHING:

notnl? please elaborate? I dont have ch yet but its on order from the uk.
thanx in advance
skip

[This message has been edited by skip (edited 04-01-2000).]

[This message has been edited by skip (edited 04-01-2000).]

Posts: 260 | From: ,Texas,usa | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
XIII
Member # 3963

posted 04-01-2000 01:51 PM     Profile for XIII   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have the same problem with my Creative Ahniliator GeForce. At first the game didn't work at all with the drivers. After downloading the latest drivers from Creative website, I 'only' have the problem of objects are standing in front of you. However I do have Star Trek Armada and didn't encounter any probs their. This is the first problem.

Goodluck and watch your six.

skip
Member # 1470

posted 04-01-2000 07:16 PM     Profile for skip   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
big problem
Blaze
Member # 198

posted 04-02-2000 12:40 AM     Profile for Blaze   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
'notnl' apparently switches off the T&L support which seems to cause problems (which isn't in ST Armada btw. ).
Swampthing
Member # 388

posted 04-02-2000 03:48 AM     Profile for Swampthing   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Weird ain't it? How you have to switch OFF tnl support for the card that is supposed to be the T&L monster?
skip
Member # 1470

posted 04-02-2000 05:12 AM     Profile for skip   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Think Id better cancel my order,this is starting to sound pretty bad ,its a shame team alligator sounds like its the only keeper in in the bunch in how many recent helo sims?I starting to think maybe this genre should die .lets look at recent releases logically f/18 frame rates suck,f2 no campaign at all not even a scripted one?team alligator fm hosed,gunship to much to list,now C/H, T/L support is absolutely critical to my aging cpu,????????? how is C/H after you turn off T/L?

[This message has been edited by skip (edited 04-02-2000).]

Cyclic
unregistered

posted 04-02-2000 06:05 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Rockon VooDoo Boards

Bring on the V5 6000

Zero G
Member # 311

posted 04-02-2000 06:18 AM     Profile for Zero G   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Skip: the TnL issue is not worth canceling your order over. The sim plays with frame rates as good as or better then A-H. It is great, I say get it

------------------
Z

Posts: 374 | From: Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
skip
Member # 1470

posted 04-02-2000 06:18 AM     Profile for skip   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Voodoo5 6000 is a T/L board
skip
Member # 1470

posted 04-02-2000 06:21 AM     Profile for skip   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ZERO G:

Thanx I will as A/H runs good on my box

Kraigman
Member # 197

posted 04-02-2000 02:08 PM     Profile for Kraigman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Actually, none of the initial-release v5s will do hardware T&L. T-Buffer and FSAA.
Posts: 144 | From: Franklin, MA. USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bowrock
Member # 3667

posted 04-02-2000 02:19 PM     Profile for Bowrock     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

I have the Creative Annihilator Pro. Are there any problems with these card in game?

Posts: 20 | From: Germany | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
skip
Member # 1470

posted 04-03-2000 02:22 AM     Profile for skip   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
correction the v5 6000 is the $600 voodoo with the wall wart power supply and it will be T/L from what I have read

[This message has been edited by skip (edited 04-03-2000).]

[This message has been edited by skip (edited 04-03-2000).]

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.