my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » C + H graphics & USB Mouse

Author Topic: C + H graphics & USB Mouse
Fox
Member # 1742

posted 03-31-2000 06:14 AM     Profile for Fox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Can anyone help here please....

I have just purchased C + H and first inpressions are excellent except:

The telegraph poles are not visible until you are too late! Not really a complaint but if you are flying NOE and want to get close to the poles so as to force the other side into a mistake this can be worrying to say the least!

Otherwise I think the SIM is brill. get it!

The other thing is:

If you hit ALT+F1 to get the HUD smaller as suggested in the readme then afterwards in the menus the mouse pointer ends up being tiny!!

Any ideas guys?????

Fox

Posts: 20 | From: Drakes Broughton | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
RoganGosh
unregistered

posted 03-31-2000 06:58 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fox
What graphics card are you useing? If i cast my mind back to the pre-patch days of A-H, invisable power lines were an issue for some cards (3dfx among others, i think). If i remember correctly, this was resolved in the first patch. Dunno about the shrinking mice though.

Incidently, where the hell did you buy it (I'm presuming you are in the UK)? I've been hunting around Sheffield all morning to no avail. I saw a post elswhere reporting sightings in PCWorld- no luck at my branch though.

RB

IP: Logged
Fox
Member # 1742

posted 03-31-2000 12:24 PM     Profile for Fox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi and thanks so much for the reply....

My system:

PIII 500 256Mb RAM
Asus V6600 GeForce 256 AGPx2

I too remember about the telegraph cables so just imagine my amazement in finding that this time the poles are invisible! I almost think this is a joke..what with April 1st tomorrow and all.

I got it from EB in Worcester. It's now available all around the UK in all EB's.

Even with the telegraph poles it's a wicked sim...get it, enjoy it...then get A + H for 4.99 and have double the fun. You read right. A + H is really 4.99 in EB. It's shocking but it's true. Hurry though! The words out.

I am going to try as standard PS2 mouse tonight...let's see what happens!

Cheers and kepp in touch if you want!

[email protected]

Fox

Posts: 20 | From: Drakes Broughton | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.