my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » U.S. release?

Author Topic: U.S. release?
rjetster
Member # 3411

posted 03-30-2000 10:27 AM     Profile for rjetster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
When will it be in the states?
Posts: 56 | From: valley village,CA USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bowrock
Member # 3667

posted 03-30-2000 11:14 AM     Profile for Bowrock     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm so sorry, but C-H seems to arrive in July!! WE get it in a few days.
But that shouldn't be a problem, buy a ticket to europe and C-H is yours, too!!

Posts: 20 | From: Germany | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Johnny
Member # 3636

posted 03-30-2000 11:22 AM     Profile for Johnny   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Does anyone know what is the difference between UK and US versions?
Bowrock
Member # 3667

posted 03-30-2000 11:32 AM     Profile for Bowrock     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Unfortunately not. I really don't know why the US Version arrived not till July
(4 month!!!!).

Posts: 20 | From: Germany | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Richard 'Flexman' Hawley
Member # 55

posted 03-30-2000 11:42 AM     Profile for Richard 'Flexman' Hawley   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The difference is one exists, the other does not

Really there shouldn't be any difference. It's just a matter of logistics. Likewise, here in the UK we have to wait *up to* several months for US titles to appear.

The box artwork has been accepted in all regions so it will look the same.

In the meatime, Razorworks is likely to go off skiing or taking some well deserved holiday before coming back to sort out some mid-life update or patch should some something urgent be required.

A future update may include some anti-cheat multiplayer options for squad v squad play and increased Hokum sensor ranges to match more closley the real world capability. If such an update happens before the US release then it could be that the US version will ship with such an update although this is pure supposition on my part.

Posts: 396 | From: West Yorkshire, United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Nolan
Member # 1753

posted 03-30-2000 11:42 AM     Profile for Nolan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Probably the same as with A-H, you'll get a patched version and we get the initzial gripes.

/Nolan

Posts: 307 | From: Lund, Sweden | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Laphter
Member # 2013

posted 03-30-2000 11:54 AM     Profile for Laphter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The good news, for those of us in the US, is that we have the WWW by which we can order it from the UK and start playing months before it arrives in stores here.
I did this with Mig Alley and it went off without a hitch. Supprisingly, the postage charge was very reasonble. I ordered CH lastnight from their Web page can't wait!

Posts: 208 | From: Charlotte, NC | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Shataan
Member # 1976

posted 03-30-2000 12:02 PM     Profile for Shataan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That`s just great. Totally dropped on my *** with one *cough*sim*cough*. Now I gotta wait how long till it comes to Canada???? Someone over there please remember we are part of the Commonwealth{We did make that gold toilet lid for the Queen Mum after all!!!}, and should at least be next in line ahead of our Southern brothers??????
The Ghost of Silverswift
Member # 50

posted 03-30-2000 12:03 PM     Profile for The Ghost of Silverswift   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Unfortunately for us and the UK, we both lose out when it comes to Empire, along with several other UK developers. It seems a nasty trend was started at DiD when they release a product into the "test" market UK. Then, while the developers develop marketing data, bug reports, etc., the UK is forced to play sub-par games, and the US is forced to read reviews saying how crappy the game is. And, I think, that puts alot of people off here. Enter A-H. With so much bad press from the UK, some off you long time posters remember the flame wars here, with people complaining about the game on both sides of the pond. Some people in the US said they would never buy it. And, it turned out, that after a big patch prior to the US release, A-H was actually pretty good.
So, what's the alternative? Release a crappy game worldwide or wait a little longer, miss deadlines & sales quotas, and risk cancellation, to release a stable game worldwide?

Posts: 211 | From: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Fishbed77
Member # 1035

posted 03-30-2000 01:23 PM     Profile for Fishbed77   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well here is my question. Has anyone found C/H to be significantly buggy or unstable? I live in the US and I am considering ordering it from Europe.
goon
Member # 457

posted 03-30-2000 02:04 PM     Profile for goon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fishbed77,
I have it here in the UK. It runs like a dream on my K6II-450, 128Mb, Voodoo3. Only enough time for four hours of play before my shift, but NO crashes. I was jumping in and out of views, changing resolutions, firing weapons at stupid targets, all the usual stuff that encourages CTD, and not one. Bugs? I 'unno....not enough time in sim yet. It's the best helo sim I've played.
Goon

------------------
I'm the famous Eccles!

Posts: 124 | From: Stafford, England | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Enforcer
Member # 85

posted 03-30-2000 03:27 PM     Profile for Enforcer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well i received my box copy today and so far it's even better than the last beta we had. Unlike A-H, C-H isn't in a need for some patch as it is right now.

The only thing i can see that will need some attention is the speech's volume, where in multiplay it's difficult to hear your human wingies over the in-game comms.

Enforcer.

Posts: 342 | From: Brossard, Québec, Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Shataan
Member # 1976

posted 03-30-2000 04:06 PM     Profile for Shataan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
you lucky lucky bass turds. In the immortal words of all Canucks who would be pilots... "we have not yet begun to fi....wait, wait, wait, and wait yet again"
Oh sometime in April hopefully we`ll see this game, maybe.

S|im
Member # 1377

posted 03-30-2000 05:29 PM     Profile for S|im   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Compusmart here in Canada always imports about 20 copies to there store, and will always have the US version when it arrives. There a Canadian wide chain I believe, so for any Canadians you can always check them out in about a week or so.
Shataan
Member # 1976

posted 03-30-2000 05:43 PM     Profile for Shataan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
aaaahh way ahead of you dude, they don`t even have it on their shipping lists. Nor does Compucentre, their distributer. I will of course keep phoning around, at least till I get hung up on.
S|im
Member # 1377

posted 03-31-2000 06:19 AM     Profile for S|im   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I suggest you check again shataan, They can order me a copy for no extra charge, will arrive within a week. Plus they're do to get shipments in two weeks. I used to work here at the London location. So I know whats possible.

[This message has been edited by S|im (edited 03-31-2000).]

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.