my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » Apache vs Hokum!My God!

Author Topic: Apache vs Hokum!My God!
Cyber
Member # 3956

posted 03-29-2000 10:19 PM     Profile for Cyber   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Guys it seams that we finally got what we waited for.After half an hour of playing it I can say this.The game looks great.It has all the radar and targeting mods.FM seams great(especialy compared to that in Gunship and TA).It has all the features from longbow2.And you wanna know about graphics?
Check this out.When you release rotor brake you can see canopy closing and rotor blades spining slowly until they get enough speed(and all that from inside cockpit).When you look at the gunner he looks ALIVE.With night vision gogles on his helmet he's moving and pressing switches all the time(and much more).And then when I switched to the external view(looking inside the cockpit)everithing was responding to my commands.I could control flir on my mfd and when I moved the stick the pilot responded.
I'll give you more detail when I test it a bit more.
Just a note that this if a "final" cracked version and therefore might not be as good as the real retail.And my Sidewinder precision pro wouldn't work(running Win2k).
Cyber out.

The Ghost of Silverswift
Member # 50

posted 03-29-2000 10:51 PM     Profile for The Ghost of Silverswift   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I take it you've been in a coma, or monestery
Posts: 211 | From: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ecoli
Member # 467

posted 03-29-2000 10:56 PM     Profile for ecoli   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dude...he's confused, probably he is talking about Comanche vs Hokum....but maybe, maybe..he hit his head and woke up just now at the hospital. We can find out right away by asking him what he thinks is the fastest CPU in the market right now. If he answers a PII 266 then we know HE HIT his head very very hard.

------------------
"america the free? who ever told you that is your enemy!"
-RATM

Posts: 278 | From: Osaka Japan | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cyber
Member # 3956

posted 03-29-2000 11:28 PM     Profile for Cyber   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry for the confusion.I was reading about Apache vs Hokum just before I wrote it.
Yes I was talking about Comanche vs Hokum.
I just wanted to share what I've seen cause I've seen everyone is having trouble with the demo and I happened to get the "final".
No need to flame me for wanting to share.
Once again sorry for the previous post.

Hey mod could you delete this whole thread since everyone is just waiting for someone to flame him.I just love combatsim.com and could not resist posting.
Thanx

[This message has been edited by Cyber (edited 03-29-2000).]

Swampthing
Member # 388

posted 03-29-2000 11:57 PM     Profile for Swampthing   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Don't think anyone's flaming anyone here, just maybe some good natured ribbing.

By the way, it's Apache/HAVOC and Comanche/HOKUM just to avoid any further foncusion.

(yes that was a intended typo)

ecoli
Member # 467

posted 03-30-2000 12:41 AM     Profile for ecoli   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Cyber...did you download CH from the website or is this a beta version of the sim? Either way can you put it on your web site so we can evaluate this cool sim just like you did?

------------------
"america the free? who ever told you that is your enemy!"
-RATM

Posts: 278 | From: Osaka Japan | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
MERACE
Member # 1595

posted 03-30-2000 04:07 PM     Profile for MERACE   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ecoli & Ghost:

LOL LOL LOL LOL LMAO LMAO LMAO (with tears in eyes)!!!

That was just what I needed at the end of a long hard day at work. Thanks guys.

-MERACE

Posts: 32 | From: Troy MI USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.