my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » bug list for team alligator

Author Topic: bug list for team alligator
skip
Member # 1470

posted 03-28-2000 08:31 AM     Profile for skip   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
fm was bad enough ,but the way the waypoints get you stuck over hostile territory is really annoying anyone .else notice this? joystick deadzone is way to large.has anyone noticed how downed aircraft bounce like rubber ball? lol
Posts: 260 | From: ,Texas,usa | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Scout
Member # 657

posted 03-28-2000 10:22 AM     Profile for Scout   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
They still bounce in the retail version. I thought it was one of the quirks with early demo...

Looks like Simis dropped the ball on this one.

I have to say - WTF?

Cheers,
Scout

Posts: 715 | From: Israel | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Swampthing
Member # 388

posted 03-28-2000 10:51 AM     Profile for Swampthing   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Seems there's a crash bug when selecting MFD screens. I was cycling through with a target selected and the game did a magic trick. It made my desktop appear.
JA
unregistered

posted 03-28-2000 11:17 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
SHKVAL has problems. With 5.08 drivers I could get in-cockpit SHKVAL but CTDs whenever using external views. With 3.77 drivers, turning on the "full-screen SHKVAL" option causes a CTD when switching to it. With full-screen on, it works, but if you zoom too close, the picture disappears and reports "bad signal". SHKVAL generally could use more work - the ability to "un-zoom" without cycling through all the levels of magnification, the ability to slew and target with it, etc.

The simplified avionics and lack of a mission builder or dynamic campaign (especially the latter two) will hurt this game in terms of immersion and replayability in the long run. Still worth $30 in my view, if only for the beautiful-to-behold and tactically useful terrain.

IP: Logged
Richard 'Flexman' Hawley
Member # 55

posted 03-28-2000 11:36 AM     Profile for Richard 'Flexman' Hawley   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah the SHKVAL mfd page had all these CTD issues with some testers.

Comanche-Hokum, Apache-Havoc and Falcon 4 has issues with D3D cards/drivers that can't render a 3d view to a texture. There are varying strategies to deal with it. One is to turn it off completely.

Posts: 396 | From: West Yorkshire, United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Shataan
Member # 1976

posted 03-28-2000 11:59 AM     Profile for Shataan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Not sure how many other Geforce guys are here, but at www.voodooextreme.com, the new Detonator drivers are out that improve the 5.08 drivers, and added FSAA too.
Give them a try if you have the Geforce. There has been way more positive feedback on these drivers.
I`m waiting for the Creative release of these ones myself.

JA
unregistered

posted 03-28-2000 12:18 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Flexman - thanks for the info. By the way, "Combat Helo" and your articles at www.simhq.com and elsewhere are about the funniest and most informative sim journalism on the net! Regarding your CH self-portrait screenshot - shouldn't you have shaved first, or is that an anti-aliasing problem? Seriously, keep up the good work - great stuff.

Shataan - how new are these detonator drivers? In the just out last week new or the last month or two new? I had serious instability problems with the 4.12.01.0508 version of 5.08. The readme was dated 2/19/00. Thanks!

Shataan
Member # 1976

posted 03-28-2000 12:46 PM     Profile for Shataan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
They just got posted today actually. And lots who had the 5.08s are raving about these 5.13s. 80% more stability apparently. I`d try em. :0)

[This message has been edited by Shataan (edited 03-28-2000).]

Eric W.
unregistered

posted 03-28-2000 01:26 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have not had any problems with CTDs in TA. I am with you guys on there needs to be a patch to fix several areas.

If Simis will do what it takes to make this sim right we need to support them for future products. I like A-H and will buy C-H, but with Microprose out of the sim business after Gunship, we don't want to have just one combat helo sim developer (RazorWorks)no matter how much we like thier existing products. Competition between companies is good for us. It keeps making them take thier sims to the next level. Just my thoughts.

Eric

Zero G
Member # 311

posted 03-28-2000 01:32 PM     Profile for Zero G   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well get on the line to GT. E-mail the crap out of them. Talking to SIMIS will do no good at all.

------------------
Z

Posts: 374 | From: Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
De Janitor
unregistered

posted 03-28-2000 09:50 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Agreed. I don't think it's a Simis issue cuz the external beta testers can tell you those problems were solved before EMC4.

Bob

De Janitor
unregistered

posted 03-30-2000 12:50 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey All!

Okay - I have a possible fix for all the folks out there who's got the deadzone problem.

Initially - I discovered that the FM wasn't altered when I tried banking in a hover, and as a few people noted, there was a "deadzone" effect whereby you had to use considerable joystick / cyclic authority to start and move. Transitions weren't too easy unless you were aggressive on the stick.

That's when I realized the FM was hosed.

Now, with the patched FM, Zero G and I had discussed what it does at length; basically, the patched FM WILL NOT WORK unless you have all the options turned on; hence some of those folks who patched it reported that they see no difference.

Moral Of The Story : TURN ALL OPTIONS ON. Vortex Ring State, Reverse Collective Et Al.

Now one of those options that I enabled was "CONTROL LAG". With that, like a real helo (ones I fly anyway R22, Bell 206) would, there's a lag between your control input and actual response. In which you have to HOLD your joystick there for roughly a second before gyroscopic procession takes place and you have a translated effect. Now Simis MUST have been thinking hard on how to create this effect with analog controllers and the best they could have come up with was : after approx 30% of input will then only be an effect.

Interesting.

Now try (with the 1.02B FM Patch INSTALLED) and disable that "CONTROL LAG" as I have - result? Much more responsiveness.

Let me know how it works for you!

Bob "De Janitor" Roberts

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.