my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » KA-52 mission/instant action generator

Author Topic: KA-52 mission/instant action generator
Eric W
unregistered

posted 03-27-2000 05:05 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
First off I like TA. Lots of eye candy, good AI.

What was Simis thinking not including a mission builder or at the very least an instant action builder like WW2 Fighters has. I mean, how hard would it have been to put that in. Some of the WW2 sims from last year and 98 had one. It is not something that requires a large R&D investment.

Instant action sucks! The instant action generator would have made up for anything else that requires a patch. I wanted to do some helo on helo fights with the instant action. Not fly around all over the map to the different way points for combat. Insant action means instant. Get in, fight, get out.

If there is a way to add this with a patch I strongly suggest so doing Simis.

IP: Logged
De Janitor
unregistered

posted 03-28-2000 09:54 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn- I guess you don't read our interviews huh? : )

KA-52 uses the Deadalus Engine. So does FST 2.0. The idea was to be able to use FST2.0 to create missions for KA52... and some other "stuff"...

FST2.0 comes out later this year - provided GT doesn't screw the pootch again like they did on KA52...

Bob

Zero G
Member # 311

posted 03-29-2000 01:50 AM     Profile for Zero G   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Uh I think you never posted that one
remember??

------------------
Z

Posts: 374 | From: Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
De Janitor
unregistered

posted 03-29-2000 02:51 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Friggin A. Are you sure?

Bob

De Janitor
unregistered

posted 03-30-2000 12:46 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey All!

Okay - I have a possible fix for all the folks out there who's got the deadzone problem.

Initially - I discovered that the FM wasn't altered when I tried banking in a hover, and as a few people noted, there was a "deadzone" effect whereby you had to use considerable joystick / cyclic authority to start and move. Transitions weren't too easy unless you were aggressive on the stick.

That's when I realized the FM was hosed.

Now, with the patched FM, Zero G and I had discussed what it does at length; basically, the patched FM WILL NOT WORK unless you have all the options turned on; hence some of those folks who patched it reported that they see no difference.

Moral Of The Story : TURN ALL OPTIONS ON. Vortex Ring State, Reverse Collective Et Al.

Now one of those options that I enabled was "CONTROL LAG". With that, like a real helo (ones I fly anyway R22, Bell 206) would, there's a lag between your control input and actual response. In which you have to HOLD your joystick there for roughly a second before gyroscopic procession takes place and you have a translated effect. Now Simis MUST have been thinking hard on how to create this effect with analog controllers and the best they could have come up with was : after approx 30% of input will then only be an effect.

Interesting.

Now try (with the 1.02B FM Patch INSTALLED) and disable that "CONTROL LAG" as I have - result? Much more responsiveness.

Let me know how it works for you!

Bob "De Janitor" Roberts

Keyser Soze
unregistered

posted 03-30-2000 02:19 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by De Janitor:
Damn- I guess you don't read our interviews huh? : )

KA-52 uses the Deadalus Engine. So does FST 2.0. The idea was to be able to use FST2.0 to create missions for KA52... and some other "stuff"...

FST2.0 comes out later this year - provided GT doesn't screw the pootch again like they did on KA52...

Bob

Hmmmm.....FST2.0 later this year....very interesting, I'll have to check my current workload to see if I can get this done Bob

De Janitor
unregistered

posted 03-30-2000 03:24 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Neil :

Let's hope GT doesn't ... well to put it mildly *DICK* with it again. Is FST 2.0 a GT title or is it open?

Bob

Keyser Soze
Member # 3958

posted 03-30-2000 08:36 AM     Profile for Keyser Soze   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Neil :

Let's hope GT doesn't ... well to put it mildly *DICK* with it again. Is FST 2.0 a GT title or is it open?

Bob

Very much open at the moment Bob, lots of talk and possibilities but nothing firm.

Neil

------------------
Neil Soane
Project Director
Kuju Entertainment Ltd
(Simis & GlassGhost studios)

Posts: 13 | From: Godalming, England | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
De Janitor
unregistered

posted 03-30-2000 10:52 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Pleeze tell me that it's not going to be butchered up this time. Hell - I'm going back to EMC4 - that was alot more entertaining than Retail 1.0.

Bob

Hey - Did you ever get my list of interview questions?

Shadowcat
unregistered

posted 03-30-2000 01:22 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Regarding Flight Sim Toolkit 2, all I can say is that for all its flaws, and its relative age, there are _still_ people making stuff with the original FST. If FST2 lives up to half its potential, it will be *huge*

The possibilities, once the sim community get their collective hands on this baby, are almost mind-boggling.

De Janitor
unregistered

posted 03-30-2000 01:32 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Neil :

Hey - if you need help... I told Carl and Ella I'd start FST2.sim-arena.com as soon as you'd let me.

You still have thy email? [email protected]

Bob

Keyser Soze
Member # 3958

posted 03-31-2000 08:25 AM     Profile for Keyser Soze   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Pleeze tell me that it's not going to be butchered up this time. Hell - I'm going back to EMC4 - that was alot more entertaining than Retail 1.0.

Bob

Hey - Did you ever get my list of interview questions?

Didn't get those questions Bob Please send them again and I'm sure I can sort it out for you.

Thanks for the offer on FST, as soon as I have something to work with I'm sure we'll be talking.

Many thanks for the support.

Neil

------------------
Neil Soane
Project Director
Kuju Entertainment Ltd
(Simis & GlassGhost studios)

Posts: 13 | From: Godalming, England | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.