my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » KA-52 Team Alligator Specs

Author Topic: KA-52 Team Alligator Specs
LIONPRIDE
Member # 3534

posted 03-26-2000 01:49 AM     Profile for LIONPRIDE   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Please people....read the box and not the site ( KA52.com ) for specs on what this game needs to play. The box says it needs a minimum of an 8mb vid card.....the site says a 4mb card. If you try this sim with a 4mb vid-card.....your "out" $30.00...that's all there is to it.

Just thought I'd mention it...so there aren't too many more suprises.....( yeah right )

------------------
A wise man once said..." To fly is heaven, to hover is divine"

Posts: 331 | From: United States of America | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
LIONPRIDE
Member # 3534

posted 03-26-2000 01:54 AM     Profile for LIONPRIDE   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hmmm....just thought I'd reply to myself...*smile*

The opening scene in TA is funny....anyone else notice how the BMP-3 gets knocked around like a vehicle in an old Godzilla movie? Hey...it's 0330 in my neighborhood....nothin' else to do.

------------------

Posts: 331 | From: United States of America | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
tango29er
Member # 3815

posted 03-26-2000 09:33 PM     Profile for tango29er   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hey Lionpride,

I am up in the air on whether to get this one. mainly finances but as I am becoming a helo nut I find it hard to resist one like this with a few features aren't included in other helo's.
Anyways, I understand it should rock on a G400 card which has that environment bump mapping thing, but for guys with a TNT1(yes still) will she perform at 800x600 with high detail ok you think, and a [email protected], 128ram. Also does it support 32bit?
and any other for's or against you think is worth mentioning.
thanks.
paul haken.

tango29er
Member # 3815

posted 03-26-2000 09:36 PM     Profile for tango29er   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hey Lionpride,

I am up in the air on whether to get this one. mainly finances but as I am becoming a helo nut I find it hard to resist one like this with a few features aren't included in other helo's.
Anyways, I understand it should rock on a G400 card which has that environment bump mapping thing, but for guys with a TNT1(yes still) will she perform at 800x600 with high detail ok you think, and a [email protected], 128ram. Also does it support 32bit?
and any other for's or against you think is worth mentioning.
thanks.
paul haken.

LIONPRIDE
Member # 3534

posted 03-27-2000 01:22 PM     Profile for LIONPRIDE   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WEll it is true that TA has some kinda' fondness for the G400....I'm using an ATI [email protected] card which works fine. I don't get teh kewl effects that the designers are bragging about ( the rippling water ), but it still looks pretty damn good.

I'm running an AMD 500 K6 II chip with 96mb of memory...and I only get the game to choke a bit when I switch views in the combat area. This also happens to me, though not as much, when I fly C/H. Well....I guess I could say....barely as much as TA.

Don't know if that helps you decide.....*smile* TA seems to have higher restrictions than C/H...since I was doing the large part of BETA tesing of C/H with an AMD 200 K6II with not too much problem. SO if your worried about resources, I personaly recomend C/H, but you always have the option of buying TA ... and bringing it back if you don't like it.

------------------

tango29er
Member # 3815

posted 03-27-2000 03:37 PM     Profile for tango29er   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks LP,

I might hang off till system is upgraded for TA. I gotta see that rippling water effect.
With the amount of detail in C/H it's good to see it will run on a fairly low end system. Amaizing!!

cheers
paul haken.

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.