my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » A | H Multiplayer Query

Author Topic: A | H Multiplayer Query
Wilksy
unregistered

posted 03-16-2000 12:58 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Can anybody tell me what to do after Inputting the IP address for a 2 player game over the internet?

After I input the ip nothing happens. Am i supposed to wait until it says game found? theres no join button so i must be missing something.

Any replys truly appreciated.

IP: Logged
Enforcer
Member # 85

posted 03-16-2000 02:42 PM     Profile for Enforcer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wilksy wrote: (Snip)

"After I input the ip nothing happens. Am i supposed to wait until it says game found? theres no join button so i must be missing something."

After you have the IP entered click OK until you're out of the multiplay screen. Then depending upon what type of game you selected (campaign, mission, etc...) you should see the host name in one of these you agreed to fly. If you are hosting the client will see your name. Then you click on it and wait for the systems to connect to each others.

Voice coms will make it easier.

Good luck,

Enforcer.

Posts: 342 | From: Brossard, Québec, Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
wilksy
unregistered

posted 03-16-2000 03:34 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tanks Enforcer i'll give it a go

Blaze
Member # 198

posted 03-16-2000 03:45 PM     Profile for Blaze   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Let's bring Enfos post into step by step format:

If you are the host, go to multiplayer options, choose TCP and make sure the IP entry field is empty. Click OK and you'll be back on the main screen.
Now start a campaign or mission just like in single play. Choose a flight and jump into the cockpit (this way the client will see your flight when he joins).

If you are the client, go to multiplayer options, choose TCP and enter the hosts IP number. Hit OK and you'll be back to the main screen.
Go to campaign or dynamic mission (just the sort the host has started). Amongst the list of the normal games (Caspian black Gold, Cuban and so on) you should see the hosts game in red letters (for instance "Razorworks' Caspian Black Gold"). Click on this and after a moment a note should come up, showing the already connected players (in this case only the host). Now click OK and it will connect. This can take a while, then you will end up on the usual airbase screen. Browse through the available flights until you see one saying "multiplayer" and showing the hosts callsign. Pick the other chopper and you're good to go.

And like Enfo also pointed out, a voice comms program helps immensly since the chat is only available in the cockpits.

Blaze

[This message has been edited by Blaze (edited 03-16-2000).]

Wilksy
unregistered

posted 03-17-2000 11:31 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I can't thank you enough.

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.