my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » Tail rotor graphical problem

Author Topic: Tail rotor graphical problem
JR
unregistered

posted 03-13-2000 06:04 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have a 500 pentium III and play is smooth and fast in Longbow 2. But everytime I hit the tail rotor keys it moves in super slow motion. Talk to tech support at Janes. Said was just too much graphics. BS. When I kill the rotor in a full outside view it swings around fast like it should with the tail rotor keys. By the way, have a 3dfx card and wondering if this is a hardware issue or software.
IP: Logged
INSPECTOR
Member # 291

posted 03-13-2000 06:38 PM     Profile for INSPECTOR   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
above 60 kts. the tail rotor keys {rudder pedals} dont have much effect..... you bank to turn
Posts: 109 | From: omaha, ne | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Ceebee
Member # 1216

posted 03-14-2000 02:33 AM     Profile for Ceebee   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have this problem with Apache/havoc except the main rotors are spinning slowly as well as the tail, I have a P3 500 and a g400 Max!!
Posts: 433 | From: Northumberland, UK | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
RanRodee
Member # 350

posted 03-14-2000 07:39 AM     Profile for RanRodee   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
try to adjust your:
z-buffering, vert. refresh and mipmap settings in your video card's properties....

maybe that helps..

------------------
Visit the OklaCity GameDomain. Stop by and populate the Forums :)
http://home.mmcable.com/ranrodee
IE 4.0 or better / fellow gamers wanted to participate

Posts: 215 | From: Oklahoma CIty, OK, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Richard 'Flexman' Hawley
Member # 55

posted 03-14-2000 09:27 AM     Profile for Richard 'Flexman' Hawley   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It seems the NEW G400 Matrox drivers break the texture blending in A-H.

Try older Powerdesk drivers or wait for new ones :-(

Posts: 396 | From: West Yorkshire, United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Ceebee
Member # 1216

posted 03-14-2000 02:25 PM     Profile for Ceebee   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks Flex,

I've tried going back to an earlier version of the drivers! But I think some files are left behind, I'm pretty sure its a driver problem! Well it looks like a reinstall...again! so glad I made a ghost of my drive before I put the new drivers on!

Cheers

Ceebee
186th Wardogs http://www.wardogs.org

Ceebee
Member # 1216

posted 03-17-2000 01:57 AM     Profile for Ceebee   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Flexman,

You were right about the texture blending porked in the later G400 drivers, I've had to go back two sets of drivers for AH to work like it should. Now just to tell Matrox!

For those with a G400 max tring to use Apache/Havoc powerdesk drivers 5.41 work ! 5.50 and 5.52 dont.

Ceebee
186th www.wardogs.org

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.