my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » Hind and Cobra simulations

Author Topic: Hind and Cobra simulations
Johnny
unregistered

posted 03-08-2000 08:29 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wouldn't it be cool if Razorworks did Hind and Cobra simulations? Especially with these graphics.

IP: Logged
Ojokoltsa
Member # 3286

posted 03-09-2000 05:07 AM     Profile for Ojokoltsa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great, aren't they?!
Man, this pics look incredible!!!
And you're right, they really should do a HIND/COBRA sim! But I can hardly wait to grab my C/H box out of the shelf first. I wonder how A/H will make it then.

Scout
Member # 657

posted 03-09-2000 05:07 AM     Profile for Scout   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
REPEAT AFTER ME:

"Buy CH and AH and maybe we'll get BH"!

Cheers,
Scout

Posts: 715 | From: Israel | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Johnny
unregistered

posted 03-09-2000 09:34 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok, I already bought AH one more to go
Virgin
Member # 3128

posted 03-09-2000 11:10 AM     Profile for Virgin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Scout wrote:
REPEAT AFTER ME:

my response:

I wonder how hard it would be to add more ac and theaters to CH. Depending on the design of the sim, I suspect it shouldn't be too hard. I sure miss the days of Falcon 3.

Remember those add-ons:
Mig 29, Hornet, Operation: Flying Tiger. The series started with three theaters and ended up with something like seven. Each add-on ran the current engine (almost a true EBS).

Oh well, I guess I need to repeat the mantra again.

V
Sorry for going OT on the F3 thing. It's just that I keep wondering of the possibilities...

Posts: 58 | From: Tampa, FL USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
xj_mike
Member # 3191

posted 03-10-2000 03:02 AM     Profile for xj_mike   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmm.. C/H.. It's gonna be there on my shelf, along with A/H. As for Cobra's.. The last time I saw the Snake was in Gunship 2000. Shame it wasn't encorporated into Gunship!. Oh well, can't win 'em all.. I guess the super cobra isn't modern enough.. Personally I don't want the Tiger 'cos it's European shite. Gimme the Cobra instead! And as for the endless Havoc/Hocum thinggy.. The Russians have developed many a fine helo gunship.. Yes, the ol' hind, but also the good ol' habit of slapping missiles onto Hip's and other utility helo's. Speaking of utility helo's, what about a Nam sim with Snakes and Slicks? Possibly even UH-1 gunships.. Just a thought.
Posts: 239 | From: Lunar surface | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
CEP}I{AHT
Member # 328

posted 03-10-2000 07:07 AM     Profile for CEP}I{AHT   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by xj_mike:
...And as for the endless Havoc/Hocum thinggy..

Geez, they've just got a little attention they deserved and you already say it endless!? BTW as you noticed no Russian utility chopper is simed yet, although might be interesting to fly their heaviest chopper around, dont you think?

Anyway I'm glad the sim community finaly getting (although in many cases downsized and misinterpreted) feel of Russian made hardware.

------------------
Independant Helicopter Squadron RuAF
[IMG]http://www.fortunecity.com/westwood/dior/3/virtalet/ru-ussr-af.jpg[/IMG]
(Buy A-H and C-H and you might see BH-H!)

Posts: 151 | From: FSU | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Echo
unregistered

posted 03-12-2000 11:59 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Even the SuperCobra isn't good enough. But what is about Tiger? A lot of developer already developed heli-sims with the Eurocopter PAH2 "Tiger" (like in Comanche Gold or now in Gunship 3). How long, until we can play the hightech-copter in a game by Razorworks? (Maybe "Tiger versus Rooivalk" or "Tiger versus Mangusta").

Renegade1-1
Member # 3512

posted 03-12-2000 05:01 PM     Profile for Renegade1-1     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I know what do you mean, Echo. The TIGER is one of the best Attack Helicopters of the world. I hope the next helicopter simulation from Razorworks will be: TIGER versus Rooivalk.

------------------

Posts: 46 | From: Berlin, Germany | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bowrock
Member # 3667

posted 03-13-2000 02:49 PM     Profile for Bowrock     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

I'm with >Echo<. "Tiger vs. Mangusta" would be an interesting game. Imagine, the Tiger and the Comanche in close formation, hunting for Hokum. An incredible sight.

Posts: 20 | From: Germany | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.