my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » Gunship Cockpit?

Author Topic: Gunship Cockpit?
Solo158th
unregistered

posted 02-26-2000 07:41 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi,I have been looking at all the cockpits screens of gunship, and I must say that they look worse then LB2, and LB2 is quite old. Everything else looks fantastic (except of course the takeoff in the air issue). The cockpits look very bland, and not detailed much at all. Tush said that the cockpits are all 3d, but from what I saw it looked 2d, and the dials and stuff looked blurry a little, like they won't work and are just there for show. My only guess as to why the cockpit looks rather "cheesy" is that I heard that Gunship will be released on console systems, and as you know TV's are not high resolution. This is disappointing to the PC market. The hud I saw didn't even look like it belonged there, It was just floating around, looked kinda arcadish to me in fact. The HUD symbology itself does not even look like as good as LB2's, and once again, LB2 is ancient. This cockpit looks like it was made for a console game machine, which is not a good thing. Please elaborate on the cockpit, and tell me exactly how it will function. Thanks.
IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.