my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » Team Alligator, or Comanche/Hokum......

Author Topic: Team Alligator, or Comanche/Hokum......
Solo158th
unregistered

posted 02-19-2000 09:22 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi I'm looking at getting a helo sim, preferrably the one with a better FM. Which do you guys think has the better FM, TA or Comanche/Hokum (i know it's not released but i just want opinions)....thanks!
IP: Logged
Enforcer
Member # 85

posted 02-19-2000 10:00 AM     Profile for Enforcer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well between the two, i prefer C-H so far, although ZeroG had made a terrific job with TA's FM.

My $ 0.02...

Enforcer.

Posts: 342 | From: Brossard, Québec, Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Shataan
Member # 1976

posted 02-19-2000 10:51 AM     Profile for Shataan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
well... for heli visuals, C/H all the way. in fact... KA 52 has lost it for me... it s Gunship all the way now till I see if C/Hs terrains are as stunning as the helis themselves.
And if C/H doesn t support force feedback, that one s dead for me too, so again I win with Gunship. I feel like such a picky bassturd, but when it come to my sims, and all the dough I put into my gaming rig.... the stars really all have to be in alignment.

I hope the developers can pull a few rabbits out of the hat... ;0) ;0)

Zero G
Member # 311

posted 02-19-2000 02:58 PM     Profile for Zero G   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well to throw my two cents in here. Team Alligator has only one serious flaw in its flight model. If you played the demo you saw it, that base area of stability. You can leave the helo sitting on an angle in any direction and it will sit there not moving at all. I have not seen a build of this one for a month or two so maybe they changed it. All I can say is wait and see.

C-H is still a work in progress but it is looking extremely good. We will have more info on this as more time passes. Think Apache-Havoc's FM with a pile of improvements. Razorworks has set out to improve on A-H in every way with C-H.

Both of these look to be good, it just depends on what type of a sim you are looking for. TA has the close to the action get in and fight scripted missions. C-H is the full force dynamic campaign where flights to and from the action are longer with supprises along the way.

Z

Posts: 374 | From: Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Ojokoltsa
Member # 3286

posted 02-21-2000 06:10 AM     Profile for Ojokoltsa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
C/H will do the job if you're lookin' for a good and realistic feelin' Flight Model.
Since yet nothing ever matched Apache/Havoc in Flight Model for me. It feels great to fligh one of the helicopters and the graphics are stunning. So I can't wait to get my hands on C/H, though I'll also play TA.
But for some serious stuff get C/H!

Ojokoltsa
Member # 3286

posted 02-21-2000 06:12 AM     Profile for Ojokoltsa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
FLY!!!

:P

Zero G
Member # 311

posted 02-21-2000 06:43 AM     Profile for Zero G   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
One more thing that I want to add here, isn't it nice for us helicopter lovers to have some options for a change? I am happy just to see several helo sims in bound all at once instead of the old days when we took anything we could get.

Z

Posts: 374 | From: Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Blaze
Member # 198

posted 02-21-2000 07:13 AM     Profile for Blaze   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hehe, bad thing is we'll probably still take everything we can get, even if it's four sims at the same time.
Shataan
Member # 1976

posted 02-21-2000 08:11 AM     Profile for Shataan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
speak for yourselves hehhehheh.. I dig certain things in a heli sim. And if the criteria is not met?? I won t be buying.
1: it s gotta make me feel "immersed"=like I m piloting. LB II did this regardless of the so called crappy FM.
2: cutting edge realistic graphics. C/H has THE best incockpit and outside heli detail yet, but its terrains are still suspect, as we haven t seen any yet. Gunship has nicer terrain from what little we ve seen so far.
3: if a heli sim doesn t have force feedback? It s dead in the water.. tits up. I ll take the bet C/H doesn t support f.f. !!
4: airstarts = kiss of death.

I m not a game developer, but here s how I see it... if you gotta rob Peter to pay Paul.. meaning, if you think you can lowball us , rob from one area of the game, just to give us more in other areas? Don t bother. Precidents have been set by games coming before these ones. And if one area we feel is missing, I for one won t be buying.
I can t wait till the next batch of sims totally supports the graphical powers of the Geforce, and the new cards coming. Then we can see all the terrains, skies, and vehicles done utilizing some really cool effects. Then we ll see some real graphical power... not just things like KA 52s " hey... look at that cool hardware bumpmapped water, that you ll only see if you have a G400.. uuuuuuhhh, aaaawwweeee, ooooohh".

Blaze
Member # 198

posted 02-21-2000 11:44 AM     Profile for Blaze   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well I've seen you changing your mind about which sim to get on a nearly daily basis, usually everytime when new infos about one or the other came up.

Let's face it, none of them will "have it all", hence rotorheads are suspect to get them all.

Actually, I'm probably not buying Comanche4 though.

Blaze

Shataan
Member # 1976

posted 02-21-2000 12:01 PM     Profile for Shataan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
true, but I m not the only one, and it s not a sin either. Hearing info and getting excited is hardly a corner I ve marketed on this site. And then hearing new info that disappoints ... this happens to pretty well all of us.
We are not getting informed as well as we used to about new games. I for one have been hyped right up until the game is on the shelf, and then not bought the game because of some reason.
It s the hazard that every gamer faces. What happens in the interim means nothing. When it comes to paying your dough to the chicky across the counter?? Thats the deciding factor. Which is why demos are so important, at least to me.
If they want our dough, they better give the people what they want, or they won t get it.

Dr. Claw
Member # 2576

posted 02-21-2000 02:17 PM     Profile for Dr. Claw   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Shataan ( and the rest of you ),

If you want to see something put into C-H, better drop Razorworks an email and tell them now and not after it's out. Again, their email address for this is: [email protected] ( at least last time I checked ).
I hope they come through for us.

Shataan
Member # 1976

posted 02-21-2000 05:40 PM     Profile for Shataan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
thx dude I sent the email, hope I get some kind of reply hehhehheh.

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.