my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » Game idea!

Author Topic: Game idea!
S t i n g e R
Member # 2940

posted 02-07-2000 12:44 PM     Profile for S t i n g e R   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have this bright idea how the future of helo sims should look like! well, let's take a god helo som (like lb2) and mix it with a good 1:rst person game (like delta force2) and *poof* you have the perfect helo sim! well, what i think is this: when you start the game, you shoose to be a helo pilot or a foot soldier. then, the helos can transport the soldiers to the battlefeeld and giv 'em close air support. That would add a new dimension to the game..

well, i think that more games should be combined like tank sims, helo sims, 1:rst person games and jet sims. then, you can have a server on the net and have like Team fortress games, but more realistic, like TF2 (http://sierrastudios.com/games/teamfortress)but the player should bee able to take contole over the vehicles too, (like HALO (http://halo.bungie.com/) but more realistic.)

Thats my vision of the future..

[This message has been edited by S t i n g e R (edited 02-07-2000).]

unregistered

posted 02-07-2000 01:12 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's called "World War",from Janes.
IP: Logged
S t i n g e R
Member # 2940

posted 02-07-2000 01:19 PM     Profile for S t i n g e R   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is it?
Shataan
Member # 1976

posted 02-07-2000 01:34 PM     Profile for Shataan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Halo is truly gonna blow minds... I can imagine a Longbow 3 done with the Halo engine... it be the end all be all of Heli sims as far as photo realistic graphics.
S t i n g e R
Member # 2940

posted 02-07-2000 01:42 PM     Profile for S t i n g e R   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah, kick a s s !
But HALO is a bit to unrealistic for me..
maby a modification will do, hope they release the source code.

TF2 will kick some a s s too, i think, too bad u cant controle those choppers..
(http://www.tf2center.com/media/fullsize/ss20(large).jpg)

[This message has been edited by S t i n g e R (edited 02-07-2000).]

Shataan
Member # 1976

posted 02-07-2000 03:16 PM     Profile for Shataan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I m a Tribes player from way back. So Halo will feel right at home for me, that is... if I can configure the adjustable camera so it looks more 1st person perspective then 3rd hehhehheh."I m not a 3rd person fan at all".
The Halo engine supposedly will be available to license, so if Janes for instance chose to use it, and went for total realism, then Longbow 3 d look pretty damn dialed.
I too hope TF 2 does what s intended. DF 2 is an awesome game{if like I, you have the right rig to do it justice}, but I m getting tired of looking at voxels.
Since 1st viewing those halo running demos, I ll bet that there s plenty food for thought going round the minds of sim developers of late. Going for visual realism in light of the new hardware technologies already out ala Geforce, and soon to come voodoo 5 and 6... IMHO photo realism won t be the problem.... or gameplay really.. it s the flight models of demos . Just look around the site here on the forums.
The sim jockeys here can spot a lame FM from a mile away. And if a demo arrives that the FM sucks somewhat, that seems to be the early kiss of death. Gunship hopefully will have the right "feel" in this area. <S>

unregistered

posted 02-07-2000 06:34 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
To S t i n g e R
"Is it?"
Yup. If they don't lie Planes, choppers, subs,...etc. Lions,...and tigers,...and bears, oh my!

unregistered

posted 02-07-2000 06:39 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
To S t i n g e R
If you care http://www.wingtech.net/usaf/janes_world_war.htm

S t i n g e R
Member # 2940

posted 02-08-2000 01:12 PM     Profile for S t i n g e R   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool!
Thats the game i've been waiting for!
Thanx for the link!
But, wait, No 1:st persson shooting game involved..
btw, I think Wargasm is pretty cool..

[This message has been edited by S t i n g e R (edited 02-09-2000).]

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.