my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » Ka-50/52 Rudder questions...

Author Topic: Ka-50/52 Rudder questions...
JA
unregistered

posted 02-05-2000 11:56 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This question is about both Team Alligator and the real helicopter it portrays. From what I've seen about the Ka-50/52 series, the aircraft appears to have a large articulated rudder. This does not appear functional in the sim, at least graphically. My questions are: 1. Has anyone seen the Team Alligator rudder operate? 2. What would be the purpose of a rudder in a helicopter? (I'm weak on helicopter theory ) Obviously, gross yaw inputs, at least at low speeds, are accomplished with the tail rotor, or the two main rotors in the case of Kamov designs. Is it perhaps for coordinated turns at high speeds, etc? Special off-topic bonus question: Does anyone know if the full release version of the sim will feature the ability to switch between AP and HE ammunition on the 30mm cannon - or does the demo have this ability and I somehow missed it? Thanks.
IP: Logged
Zed
Member # 64

posted 02-06-2000 04:58 AM     Profile for Zed     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
co-ord turns? yes; ammo switch? no

Z

Posts: 866 | From: Midlands, UK | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.