my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » Excl. Gunship screens!!!!

Author Topic: Excl. Gunship screens!!!!
Shataan
Member # 1976

posted 02-03-2000 06:38 PM     Profile for Shataan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
now that s what I call detail!!!! From what I can see I dig the trees more, and the heli s look way more realistic. Where s the demo??? I cannot wait to read Combatsim.coms article on this baby. woohoo :0)
MoZeR
Member # 2917

posted 02-04-2000 01:00 AM     Profile for MoZeR   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I must agree, the models for those heli's are the best I've seen in a sim yet. However, on the shots of the apache, its labeled as a longbow for at least one of those shots, but with no longbow radar mast on top. Just wondering if anyone else noticed..
Posts: 61 | From: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Richard 'Flexman' Hawley
Member # 55

posted 02-04-2000 04:31 AM     Profile for Richard 'Flexman' Hawley   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

The Apache Longbow comes in two flavours, with and without the FCR. It's an expensive option.

Groups of AH-64 deltas (and other elements) work alongside Apaches fitted with the Longbow radar.

In future, plans have been mooted to upgrade the Apache fleet with the Longbow 2 radar system which is half the size. It should make the aircraft less top-heavy.

FWIW

------------------
Richard "Flexman" Hawley, Leeds, United Kingdom

Posts: 396 | From: West Yorkshire, United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Stunned
unregistered

posted 02-04-2000 11:37 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
GODDAMN!! Those gunship shots look so rich. crispy and detailed, makes KA52 look like an playstation game. Of course it'll probably need a Gigahertz machine to run it but I hope it'll play smooth with some decent hardware unlike Janes fa18..grrr
IP: Logged
Shataan
Member # 1976

posted 02-04-2000 01:49 PM     Profile for Shataan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.gamerscentral.net/articles/spotlight/gunship3shots/frames.html

here s a few more screens... I think these are different.

Richard 'Flexman' Hawley
Member # 55

posted 02-04-2000 04:36 PM     Profile for Richard 'Flexman' Hawley   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well I don't want to play a game that says "combatsim.com" at the bottom of the screen all the time.

It's looking pretty tasty now, gone is the glass ceiling. To be honest, graphically it doesn't look all that CPU intensive, lots of 3D hardware loving textures, bet it strains in software rendering, especially the smoke.

But speedswise I'd say it looks real good.

Visuals don't make a game - they help a good game become great but they won't make a bad game good.

TimG and co. tend to make good games - all the screen-shots or previews in the world won't sell me a product. The proof in the pudding is the tase.

Posts: 396 | From: West Yorkshire, United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Shataan
Member # 1976

posted 02-04-2000 06:53 PM     Profile for Shataan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
for me it all starts with the screenshots. From there on to the demo. And the screens really have me interested in seeing how the demo "feels".
Someone on this site in the apparent know says that there s real rotor wash force feedback effects... I ve been waiting a long time for that hehhehheh. I m looking for a next gen, Apache sim to tide me over till Janes gets off their asses and does a Longbow 3. Gunship looks tasty , now we need the meat and potatoes demo.

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.