my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » Well the TA demo did one thing for me....

Author Topic: Well the TA demo did one thing for me....
Swampthing
Member # 388

posted 01-31-2000 01:53 PM     Profile for Swampthing   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Convinced me not to buy the game. Unless there is another demo released that has a flight model of some sort with it, i'm not even bothering with this game. It runs like utter crap, and the flight model was a complete joke. This is a demo and all, but this demo did nothing for me but leave a very very bad taste in my mouth. I was allready skeptical since these are the same guys that made team apache, but the demo clinched my buying decision allready. I mean for god's sake you can move the helicopter like it's in the air while it's still on the ground and the ROTORS AREN"T EVEN TURNING! Yes, i almost tipped the helo on it's side while sitting parked on the ground and I hadn't even disengaged the rotor brake yet. I was allready laughing before i even turned on the rotor. Once airborn I started chuckling again. This demo should never have seen the light of day because i know it turned me off the game completely.
INSPECTOR
Member # 291

posted 01-31-2000 04:37 PM     Profile for INSPECTOR   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yep, sounds like your mind is definately made up there

probly wont be seeing any posts from you concerning ta in the future :-}

Posts: 109 | From: omaha, ne | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Shataan
Member # 1976

posted 01-31-2000 05:58 PM     Profile for Shataan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I m don t believe this demo is a good indication of the final release of KA 52. What we saw of the running movie footage looks to be a much updated version of this demo IMHO. I m still loking forward to Gunship, but still think that the final release of TA is gonna show us a much more quality product. Here s hoping.
Swampthing
Member # 388

posted 01-31-2000 06:33 PM     Profile for Swampthing   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was hoping as well, but releasing this demo was nothing but bad for the game. I was really looking forward to a new helo sim, and this one looked interesting. Until I tried the demo. It really feels like Novalogic could have done this one. I'll more than likely still keep an eye out on this one once it's released to see if the flight model suddenly appeared or not, but I don't have much hope at this point. Really, considering Team Apache, and the type of game that was, this didn't surprise me much at all. A good helo sim is badly needed since Apache/havoc had so many downfalls. What killed that game for me was the worthless wingmen that had their own agendas. As for Gunship, i was originally looking forward to that too, but some comments from hasbro about it not being geared towards simulation have me thinking it's going to be a very lite sim if not pure arcade game.
Shataan
Member # 1976

posted 02-01-2000 11:04 AM     Profile for Shataan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
don t say that... not geared towards sim??? Rats... :0( it says in the ads and articles you can make piloting easy{arcade} or as hard{sim} as the player wants in Gunship.
I was expecting 2 next generation sims with these 2 games. At least one has got to deliver the goods. Cross your fingers and toes.

junker28
unregistered

posted 02-03-2000 09:01 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
*L* I had the exact same experience, turning the ship up down left and right while sitting on the ground, the thing is it behaves pretty much the same way in the air, sure the thing will move in the direction you tip it but it seems like the Novalogic (tm) standard flight model here, which is fine if all you want is eye candy Im sure it'll be nice although on my V3 it looked over saturated and ugly
Now Gunship..so far so good, screenshots looked outstanding, lets hope it follows thru..the sim world is looking pretty bleek this year

IP: Logged
junker28
unregistered

posted 02-03-2000 09:07 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anyone play "Rescue on Fractalus" on the C64?!? That had a better flight model than KA52..
unregistered

posted 02-03-2000 01:23 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, reading these posts convinced me with one thing:
More people complain-less they will sell.
Less they will sell-better deal I get.

Blaze
Member # 198

posted 02-03-2000 04:07 PM     Profile for Blaze   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Less they will sell - less support the game will get, more bugs will not be corrected.

Good deal? You tell me.

Blaze

unregistered

posted 02-03-2000 09:41 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn , I've already bought a beer, on predictable savings
But, honestly, in my last post I was actually upset, not happy. Because, there are too many complains about something, that is not even complete. It's like saying:"Me, and my girlfriend, both, like to have some fu..." Would that be "fun", or something else. The only way to find out, is to wait.
Now, for those guys, who can't understand at all, the way the "thing" moves, there is some cool readings.
http://www.ka52.com
BTW, did anyone,yet,lost one of the wings in combat. 50% of my weapons!!! S**T!!!

MoZeR
Member # 2917

posted 02-04-2000 01:18 AM     Profile for MoZeR   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No lost one of my wings, but lost my engines at the same time, so I wasn't really able to test out the 50% weapons loss. Got my tail sheared off by one of my clumsy wingman(they need to learn to keep a safe distance). I've also had them cut off my rotors, one time both of us lost em.... Looks liek they got the damage modeling down, now for the flight model. Also, it seems as if the animation for the rotor(don't have to call it main rotor in this one) is not yet implemented, whic his why we are getting the wholebody of the alligator moving even while one the ground. I'm no expert, and certainly don't know how the rotor assembly works on this but I would assume we'd see at least some transformations happening with the whole swash plate/rotor hub, as in all the other helo sims currently around. It woudl jsut add to the beleivability...
Posts: 61 | From: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.