my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » TA - Weapons HUD problems

Author Topic: TA - Weapons HUD problems
Spectre (Aus)
unregistered

posted 01-31-2000 07:18 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi Guys,

Just downloaded TA demo, all I can say is
'king beautiful !!! But..... I cannot seem to get the HUD re-configured for weapons, so I cannot fire Igla etc. Just seems to stay on the NAV page.

Is the readme file wrong ? or is this a limitation of the demo ? Have to get in REAL close to frag with cannons and rockets.

Also to Zero G; I have fixed wing time, but last year did a couple of hours rotary. Can you comment on the flight model ? I have everything maxed out and it seems just as hard as the R22 was for me.

Cheers and greetings from Australia.

Andrew

IP: Logged
Enforcer
Member # 85

posted 01-31-2000 08:23 AM     Profile for Enforcer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Weapon Master Arm toggle (on & off), hit ctrl-M.

Enforcer.

Posts: 342 | From: Brossard, Québec, Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Spectre (Aus)
unregistered

posted 01-31-2000 09:19 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanx Enforcer, tried that already to no avail.....

However, here's a mysterious one.....

When I first read of TA demo and downloaded it, the file size was 86.8 MB zipped, however, today, the demo was reported as 91 MB.

An upgrade perhaps ??

Or perhaps I got the earlier version?

Cheers.

Andrew

JA
unregistered

posted 01-31-2000 09:31 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I had the same HUD problem. Press ";" to get into weapons HUD mode. "?" cycles HUD colors. My downloaded zip is about 88Mb, by the way... Good luck!
Spectre (Aus)
unregistered

posted 01-31-2000 09:36 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanx JA !!!

There was nothing about the ; in the readme file. I'm going to log off now and give it a try. Failing that, I will download the program again.

4 meg is quite a bit of difference.

Thanks for all your help guys, I check these boards EVERY night here in Australia, generally just for the discussions.

Cheers.

Andrew

Spectre (Aus)
unregistered

posted 01-31-2000 09:49 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
JA !!!!!!

You are a legend mate !! It really helps to frag targets when you have a method of aiming!!

SIMIS: Great Work !!!

Lucky
Member # 61

posted 01-31-2000 10:00 AM     Profile for Lucky   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Spectre (AUS) in case you missed it. There is an online manual in the Team Alligator folder.

------------------
If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch.

Spectre (Aus)
unregistered

posted 01-31-2000 10:11 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks Numbnuts, derrrrr...

Don't flame me dude, I'm a computer network engineer by trade, and there was bugger all there in the on-line manual.

If you READ my post, I also queried the size difference of the two files (4 MEGS).

If you want to flame me, try dropping off the boards and e-mailing me personally.

Love to your mum and sister,

Andrew ;- D

Lucky
Member # 61

posted 01-31-2000 11:15 AM     Profile for Lucky   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I wasn't trying to flame you you ****ing ignorant prick. I don't need to get off the boards. I'll tell you right here to go **** yourself. And If you want to talk about mom's
You ****ING ASSHOLE I'll get off yours. If I get kicked off this Forum, it will be worth it.

------------------

Lucky
Member # 61

posted 01-31-2000 02:07 PM     Profile for Lucky   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And one more thing you arrogant piece of excrement, I am the one who showed JA how to get the HUD modes.

------------------

JA
unregistered

posted 01-31-2000 02:27 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oof - how about apologies all around, starting with my own for failing to credit Lucky's discovery of the HUD feature, without which many of us would be still trying line up futile "eyeball" shots through the nav display. This looks to be a good sim - let's let bygones be bygones and concentrate on what matters, namely Russian rotary-wing military aviation.
Lucky
Member # 61

posted 01-31-2000 03:04 PM     Profile for Lucky   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
JA,

No need to apologize to me. I didn't mention that just to get a pat on the back. I'm glad I was able to help you.

------------------

Blaze
Member # 198

posted 01-31-2000 04:21 PM     Profile for Blaze   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Spectre (Aus):
When I first read of TA demo and downloaded it, the file size was 86.8 MB zipped, however, today, the demo was reported as 91 MB.

An upgrade perhaps ??

Or perhaps I got the earlier version?

Nope, its just the old MegaBytes vs Million Bytes "mystery".
1MB(MegaByte) = 1048576 Bytes (1024 Bytes = 1 KiloByte, 1024KB = 1MB)
86.8MB x 1048576 = 91,016,396 Bytes = about 91 Million Bytes

That's the same reason why your new harddisk always ends up being smaller than the manufacturer said.

Blaze

[This message has been edited by Blaze (edited 01-31-2000).]

huMMer
Member # 2275

posted 01-31-2000 05:19 PM     Profile for huMMer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, the Weapons HUD is resolvable, but WHERE THE HELL is the ascension/dive scale "in the right part of the HUD" (quote from the manual)??? And WHERE THE HELL is the HORIZON mark? Anyone, please, help!!! Cannot get these shown on the HUD :-(
Posts: 50 | From: Moscow, Russia | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Spectre (Aus)
unregistered

posted 01-31-2000 06:46 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Apology duly forwarded.

Sorry dude, it's just that it was 4:00 Am local time here when I posted my thanks to JA, and as I stated, there was NOTHING regarding keyboard controls in the HTML document that I recieved in the program.

It was just your message regarding the dog and the porch, maybe it one of your local sayings?

LOL Andrew

unregistered

posted 01-31-2000 06:53 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Blaze
"Nope, its just the old MegaBytes vs Million Bytes "mystery".
1MB(MegaByte) = 1048576 Bytes
(1024 Bytes = 1 KiloByte, 1024KB = 1MB)
86.8MB x 1048576 = 91,016,396 Bytes = about 91 Million Bytes

JA
unregistered

posted 02-01-2000 12:17 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Has anyone using a non-Nvidia chipset video card gotten SHKVAL (or whatever it's called..Shtora, SHLEM, ShVak, etc ) to work? TNT/GeForce cards seem to cause a CTD when MFDs are cycled past the third one in the sequence. If so, it it cool/realistic/both/neither? Hmmm...this post needs more acronyms, ASAP.
Spectre (Aus)
unregistered

posted 02-01-2000 01:36 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
JA,

I've been having the same problem, trying to resolve it, but IF this is an early Beta as some have stated, Well..........

Another thing, I've only got one mission, how about you guys ??

Zero G
Member # 311

posted 02-01-2000 05:20 AM     Profile for Zero G   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JA:
Has anyone using a non-Nvidia chipset video card gotten SHKVAL (or whatever it's called..Shtora, SHLEM, ShVak, etc ) to work? TNT/GeForce cards seem to cause a CTD when MFDs are cycled past the third one in the sequence. .

Well in the newer builds the SHKVAL display works fine on the TNT chipset cards. It also works fine on the older builds with the 2.08 detonator drivers. Some problems came into the drivers from then on and as we who own Nvidia cards know they have crappy driver support for games.

I am not sure why they will not fix driver problems for games that work on old drivers but not the new ones, it has led me to not buy another Nvidia product until they change their ways.

Z

Posts: 374 | From: Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Scout
Member # 657

posted 02-01-2000 09:00 AM     Profile for Scout   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
JA,

Yeah, that CTD is actually a feature. I know a guy that works on Kamov assembly line, he says the chief engineer was dead drunk when he drew the circutry for the MFDs, so they now wire SHKVAL MFD page with TNT-based (pun intended) self-destruction charge placed... under pilot seat.

Well, since then the engineer is in rehab hospital, so they keep wiring it there...

I say this Ka-52 chopper is great though, as long you don't touch that MFD button and keep your FTMS* system engaged, everything seems peachy.

*FTM = Fly Through Mountain System
Cheers,
Scout

Posts: 715 | From: Israel | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.