my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » KA-52 TA Demo CTD?

Author Topic: KA-52 TA Demo CTD?
JA
unregistered

posted 01-30-2000 09:00 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anybody else getting CTDs when cycling through MFD pages (usually after the 3rd keypress) or when restarting game after changing options (resolution, FM, etc.)? I know it's a demo (and a pretty cool one at that) so it's not a big deal, but maybe I'm missing something obvious...Also, has anyone gotten the HUD to display weapons cues? (I'm still RTM-ing ). Thanks!
IP: Logged
Lucky
Member # 61

posted 01-30-2000 09:24 PM     Profile for Lucky   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I too have gotten that CTD everytime I have a full screen view of either MFCD. I cycle thru the pages and CTD after the third keypress. I imagine it will be fixed in the final version if they can identify it.

------------------
If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch.

JA
unregistered

posted 01-30-2000 09:49 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just discovered that by bringing up one MFD and then the other, they appear to cycle normally. But how do you get the gunner to engage targets - I still can't bring up any reticles, etc. in the HUD. Nice graphics, though!
Lucky
Member # 61

posted 01-30-2000 10:13 PM     Profile for Lucky   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Do you mean bringing up one MFD full screen? If so, that's when I get the CTD. Are you getting the Engine, Systems,Weapons and SHKVAL pages? I can't get to these pages.

To cycle HUD modes hit the ";" key, then use backspace (or joystick button -2) to cycle weapons. If you are using the guns, a large X will appear in the HUD when you are in range of a target. When you are in firing constraints of the target a smaller x will appear inside the large one, letting you know that you can fire the gun (using either the space-bar or joystick button-1). Also in case you didn't know. You have to hit Ctrl-M (Master arm mode toggle)to arm the weapons.

------------------

Lucky
Member # 61

posted 01-30-2000 10:16 PM     Profile for Lucky   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
One other thing. In case you did not know. There is an online manual in the Team Alligator folder. It has all the keyboard commands and other info.

------------------

JA
unregistered

posted 01-30-2000 10:22 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the HUD info. Unfortunately, I posted my CTD "solution" prematurely...sometimes it crashes when cycling modes, a few times not - I thought I had a workaround, but I didn't. I haven't screened out the variables yet, if its even possible to do so. If I discover a repeatable solution, I'll post it.
Zero G
Member # 311

posted 01-31-2000 12:02 AM     Profile for Zero G   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The CTD comes just after you hit the ground radar mode. You probably have a TNT video card, this was an older known problem. I do not have the demo but from what I understand there is an option missing from the options menu that fixes this problem. It is to make the shkval display full screen.

Z

Posts: 374 | From: Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Charlie
Member # 2314

posted 01-31-2000 03:51 AM     Profile for Charlie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I get a CTD on the third MFD change aswell and I have a TNT card so that would be the problem. I also found the manual for MIA in the manual folder, what a good way to reduce download size

Is there any way to increase the difficulty or rather the enemy effectiveness in the demo? The enemy seems to have a really hard time shooting down me or my wingmen.

This looks like a very promising game and the graphics are excellent. Weapon effects and tracers look much more real than in Team Apache or in Apache/Havoc and that really adds to the experience. Sounds are also quite promising... hope they do a correct non-Hollywood Russian voice-over. BTW do helicopter crews actually say "infantry sighted" every time they locate an infantry target.. would make more sense to call out the type of target and the some reference to the target location .... "machinegun at two o'clock".

It sure is one agile helicopter, for once I can actually make all the Airwolf-moves

Posts: 82 | From: Sweden | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Lucky
Member # 61

posted 01-31-2000 07:53 AM     Profile for Lucky   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I also have a TNT card.

------------------

Blaze
Member # 198

posted 01-31-2000 04:07 PM     Profile for Blaze   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Then you are not lucky ...

SCNR

IAFguy
Member # 1207

posted 02-01-2000 08:28 PM     Profile for IAFguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
TNT & GEFORCE users
I think I have a solution for the CTD during switching of the MFD.
What solved it for me was not looking at the MFD yes look up or anywhere where you cant see it and press the [ key until you get to the radar or arming page, works every time.
now if only someone can find a solution to the CTD in Falcon4 after missions with GBUs.
TA runs real smooth at 1024x768 @32bit with everything Maxed out, the terrain is beautiful and the reflections of the clouds in the water are a really nice touch.
The Best looking sim until B-17.
And to all the people that are complaining This is only a DEMO!!!

Posts: 19 | From: NYC,USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
huMMer
Member # 2275

posted 02-02-2000 01:15 AM     Profile for huMMer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
To LUCKY

Lucky, please, how the hell do you get those weapons reticles? Is it something in your name - are you just luckier than us? :-)

I've been fighting this game for 4 days an a raw and still could not get target designation. Yes, I've read the manual, yes, I hit CTL-M and I change HUD to Weapons Mode. It reads the weapon selected, the f***ing "No Fire" and that's it! "t" and"y" produce no effect. I tried everything. I switched Manual and Auto mode. I tried all the tricks with the WO ("j", "k", "l" etc.) -to no result. PLEASE, HELP ME!!!!

P. S. Do you have the VS scale and the pitch/bank indicator? I don't

Posts: 50 | From: Moscow, Russia | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
unregistered

posted 02-02-2000 07:39 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
huMMer
When you have "no fire" it's fine.
Once you select rockets, and have ENEMY targets in front of you, do this:
a)you should have a target in a broken rectangle.
b)move the croshair to the middle of broken rectangle. It doesn't have to be perfectly centered.
c)you should get a circle. Once you got the circle, fire the rocket(s). Depending on a target, it may take 2 or 3 of them to take it out.
d)"igla" AAM, works when you have enemy air target. It will be in diamond. If I am not wrong, in a broken one first. And when you hit "L", in complete(locked) Then just fire you "igla".
e)You can also, have your copilot to fire guns independanly. I forgot how.

But, I myself, have a problem with bombs. HOW???

Lucky
Member # 61

posted 02-02-2000 09:26 AM     Profile for Lucky   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
IAFguy,

I tried your suggestion about the MFDs, it didn't work for me. I did not have the MFDs in view and hit the "[" key 4 times. As soon as I went to view the MFD full screen "F3" I got a CTD. Then I tried it again, this time I tried to pan down to view it and the screen locked up at about the top of the MFD. Same thing with the right MFD.

huMMer,

I'm not sure what your problem could be. I do have the VSI and bank indicator in the Combat HUD. You say you don't? You might try reinstalling the demo. I'm not sure if all the keys work in the demo. I couldn't get the J,K,L and some other keys to work either.

------------------

Lucky
Member # 61

posted 02-02-2000 11:17 AM     Profile for Lucky   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
huMMer,

I forgot to say the "T" key does work for me.
Hopefully, reinstalling the demo will work for you.

------------------

IAFguy
Member # 1207

posted 02-02-2000 08:22 PM     Profile for IAFguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lucky
One more thing is that before you change the MFD you have to takeoff and fly out of the landing zone towards waypoint 1 then look up and try it Dont ask me way?!?!?
Thats the only way it works for me.
i'm using the 3.72 driver for my GEforce DDR
try them from http://www.reactorcritical.com/
Did anyone shot a foot soldier from up close? It was really funny seeing him fly up in the air in a very Hollywood fashion.

Im still trying to fly FA18 Flanker2 and falcon 4 at the same time (and i cant find TIME)
And now TA and Gunship
talking about When it rains

[This message has been edited by IAFguy (edited 02-02-2000).]

Posts: 19 | From: NYC,USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
JA
unregistered

posted 02-03-2000 02:06 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That sounds encouraging. May I ask specifically what you mean by "look up" - can you tell us your exact procedure for getting it to work? I remember it operating stably a few times the day I downloaded it, but I can't remember the exact circumstances. In addition to getting the MFD to cycle normally, have you gotten SHKVAL to work, and if so, how? I recall it just saying "bad signal" or something like that. Thanks!
Zero G
Member # 311

posted 02-03-2000 04:05 AM     Profile for Zero G   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok the display will not work unless you are running the 2.08 detonator drivers, this is a driver issue. If you look away from the display it will scroll past it but if you stop on it and try to look back down again you will get the CTD. The fix for this is a full screen image when using the display, when in the 3d cockpit all you will see is an image that says bad signal. The full screen image is just like if you fly no cockpit view but the HUD lines are different. It also allows you to zoom in on targets.

I have not downloaded the demo but from what I understand this option is missing from it. If you do not want the crash then go use the 2.08 drivers or stay away from that display in the demo. Let me tell you that the full screen display is much better anyway.

Z

Posts: 374 | From: Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
huMMer
Member # 2275

posted 02-04-2000 05:54 AM     Profile for huMMer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
To LUCKY:

Thanks for your reply, man. You see, the point becomes that I am not eve sure we have the same demo. The one I have DOES NOT INSTALL per say - it does not go to registry or whatsoever; instead, it just unpacks into a specified directory. If this is what you're referring to as "install", then I have tried it several times. But since it's a straight-forward expanding and copying procedure, there is little chance reinstall would do something.

Thank's to Zero G, I think I have a hint - I am running on two V2 in SLI mode, this MIGHT cause the aforementioned problem. I'll try to disable SLI and see if it makes any difference. But thank you anyway.

Regards,

Posts: 50 | From: Moscow, Russia | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.