my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » Gunship Screenshots

Author Topic: Gunship Screenshots
-sandman-
unregistered

posted 01-27-2000 07:34 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thought you guys would like to know that you can see some new screenshots at
http://www.agn.com/html/agn3d-show_shots.cfm?ShotID=337

Looks pretty good to me ;D

IP: Logged
Jeronimo83
unregistered

posted 01-27-2000 09:14 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
wow...

When is it gonna come out?

Greybeer
unregistered

posted 01-29-2000 11:37 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've been hearing about a march release date but who knows for sure. Hopefully this game won't suck.
flying brick
Member # 2120

posted 01-31-2000 07:28 PM     Profile for flying brick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
the screen shots look a whole lot better than the new ka demo
at least the helo looks good unlike the cartoon like thing in ka
terrain is great in ka but flight model sucks big time,so i wont buy it
just hope microprose can get it right.

Posts: 18 | From: australia | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
unregistered

posted 01-31-2000 09:27 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't know, "Flying brick". Gunship looks alot like M1TP2. I was drooling when I kept looking at screen shots, back then. Well,..I have bought it. It looked like a million bucks. I spent all 10 days(EBworld) playing it, and then exchanged it for F4, because of poor playability(my opinion). I just hope it doesn't happen with "Gunship"
flying brick
Member # 2120

posted 02-01-2000 05:05 AM     Profile for flying brick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
just what i meant.the ka demo at first glance looks great(xcpt for chopper)but there is no real content so far as i can see.
tried it again tonight but got boared very quickly,shame as i was looking forward to this one.86 meg download was a waste of time.
went and had a quick te with f4 instead.
now that feels better !

Posts: 18 | From: australia | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
boshar
Member # 2166

posted 02-01-2000 01:11 PM     Profile for boshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
From the screenshots this looks like a slightly updated M1TP2 3d engine. The objects (Tiger, Apache)are more detailed, the view distance is a little beter. The trees still look to be of the cardboard cutout variety but if it runs bug free and smooth i'm game.

I read somewhere that they still have a 3d software mode in order to reach a larger potential market. Some of the screenshots s-Gun.jpg and s-Day3.jpg give me the creeps. This looks like a full blown arcade mode to me. (brought to you by the Hasbro marketing department?)

I hope Hasbro doesn't spoil this latest incarnation of the sim which got me into flight sims(The original Gunship way back on a Commodore 64 using a tape version)

Posts: 94 | From: Rotterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
junker28
unregistered

posted 02-03-2000 09:05 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah I had Gunship on the c64! As well as Stealth fighter(..fighter?!*L*) Anyone play Fa-18 on the Amiga ?(care of bob dinnerman?)
Man that thing still beats Janes version for a good "Feeling" aircraft...sheesh!

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.