my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » Apache Havoc Campaign

Author Topic: Apache Havoc Campaign
johnL
unregistered

posted 01-17-2000 05:46 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have had the game for sometime now, and have just started to get into the campaigns, but I always seem to lose. I complete the mission objectives, and make it back over 90% of the time. My question is what am I doing wrong? Am I picking missions that don't really count for a whole lot? I try to mix them up, but maybe I should always pick the most difficult ones. Any advice would be great.
IP: Logged
Blaze
Member # 198

posted 01-17-2000 06:58 PM     Profile for Blaze   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Have a look here www.razorworks.com/ahguide
johnL
unregistered

posted 01-18-2000 08:42 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks Blaze! I never knew about that site.

IP: Logged
Blaze
Member # 198

posted 01-18-2000 06:20 PM     Profile for Blaze   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Don't thank me, Flexman has done all the work. Makes me wonder why he doesn't get any credit on the page, or am I missing it?
Richard 'Flexman' Hawley
Member # 55

posted 01-18-2000 08:20 PM     Profile for Richard 'Flexman' Hawley   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think it says it on the contents/index page somewhere (and then I was told to put it on).

Don't want credit, want money :-)

No, not money. Need HD space, that's what I need. That and a new HOCAS setup. But the fact that people find it contributes in some small way to their enjoyment is reward enough.

Posts: 396 | From: West Yorkshire, United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Blaze
Member # 198

posted 01-18-2000 11:04 PM     Profile for Blaze   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hah, right below the title! I stand corrected.

Hmm, HOCAS leaves me wondering ...

Enforcer
Member # 85

posted 01-18-2000 11:42 PM     Profile for Enforcer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Flex wrote:"No, not money. Need HD space, that's what I need. That and a new HOCAS setup."

Fair enough, although i can't do anything about the HD, may i offer some advice on the HOTAS (i guess that's what you meant).

If i say CH would that be good enough for a TM user?

Enforcer.

Posts: 342 | From: Brossard, Québec, Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Zero G
Member # 311

posted 01-19-2000 12:56 AM     Profile for Zero G   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And you guys call yourself rotor heads the shame of it all. He said what he meant and he meant what he said.

Z

Posts: 374 | From: Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Blaze
Member # 198

posted 01-19-2000 01:55 AM     Profile for Blaze   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ahh now I got it. Shame on me, especially since I always use it jet-style in the sims.
Zed
Member # 64

posted 01-19-2000 03:44 AM     Profile for Zed     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
But then shouldn't it be HOT/CAS ?

Zed

Posts: 866 | From: Midlands, UK | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Zero G
Member # 311

posted 01-19-2000 02:02 PM     Profile for Zero G   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well it might need such a thing if any of the helo sims would model the throttle. Since they don't it isn't an issue. How many people would want to go out and buy a specific collective/throttle for their helo games anyways.

Z

Posts: 374 | From: Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Zed
Member # 64

posted 01-19-2000 02:31 PM     Profile for Zed     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Err...how about split throttle support on the SFS...not very life like but it exists!

....and also there is the CopyCat controls (very expensive )

Zed

[This message has been edited by Zed (edited 01-19-2000).]

Posts: 866 | From: Midlands, UK | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.