my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » Same old Same Old

Author Topic: Same old Same Old
Cyclic
unregistered

posted 01-11-2000 02:05 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Reading some of the latest post on various sims and becoming very dispondent with the likes of Janes f/18 after so much hype and then seeing that the super cobra has been sucked out of GSIII and replaced with another apache has got me wondering if these sim manufacturers have ever listened to a word of what the end user might like to see. Over the years I have probably got about 100000+ armour kills under my belt, numourous air kills and billions of static kills. IMO its time we had a change, killing the same old thing day in day out becomes boring.

My Idea of a new helo SIM would be something like the idea behind RB6, set in the future about 2010 when our main worry has become drugs, fundimentilist countries who own submarines and are threatening other states, ensuring food convoys to countries in need of aid get to the final destination, special ops incertion and extraction and SAR missions.

The combat ready helo squad could be carrier based and a variety of choppers made availabe for the various missions that need to be executed. Black Hawk /SAR, Cobra / Convoy protection, ASW detection and elimination, huey / Special ops incertion, OH-58 Scout recon...... The list can go on but lets have a variety. They could even build the sim with a few of these and then at a later date put in the add ons like MPS was going to do with Falcon4 by adding the F-15 eagle..

Being carrier based the Squad would be highly mobile, being a helo sim the maps would not need to that big so additional work to ground detail could be concentrated on...

The ideas are endless but the designers seem to be hell bent on one type of design...

Cyclic

IP: Logged
Ozias
unregistered

posted 01-11-2000 07:57 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Perhaps an air ambulance or police helicopter sim, where you get points for bringing your casualty in within five minutes or so, with variable weather and systems failures to contend with, or where you have to direct ground units onto the location of escaping criminals using FLIR/searchlights.

IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.