my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » Out of place perhaps, but nevertheless - The Jetranger in FS2000, something wrong?

Author Topic: Out of place perhaps, but nevertheless - The Jetranger in FS2000, something wrong?
Bogey
Member # 998

posted 12-04-1999 03:59 PM     Profile for Bogey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just bought MS FS2000 and I seriously doubt that the helo flight control is functioning correctly...
As soon as I get off the ground, it starts to oscillate wildly.
By picking up speed I was able to stabilise the yaw and pitch axis somewhat...
Returning to a near-hover, I tried to add a little rudder.
I failed miserably, and the helo started to develop a full three-axis spin which, were it not for the "no crashes" option set, would have resulted in a severe crash.

There must be something wrong here.
Please enlighten me!

------------------
Pushing the edge of the envelope...

Posts: 339 | From: West coast of Sweden | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
JA
unregistered

posted 12-06-1999 11:16 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I had FS2000 also and noticed what you are talking about. What's worse, the helicopter would oscillate frantically in midair, and no control input would cause it to either crash or recover! I no longer have the sim (I'm a military simmer at heart) but I suspect that the Bell's flight model has some sort or serious bug that will hopefully be addressed in a patch. Helicopters are hard to fly, but...You may find more concrete information at MicroWings or one of many other civilian sim sites. Good luck - that JetRanger would be lots of fun if it worked correctly.
IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.