my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » LB2/Hat Switch

Author Topic: LB2/Hat Switch
splashmike
unregistered

posted 11-28-1999 02:26 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have downloaded the latest patches and cannot seem to get my hat switch to change views. Although it worked with Windows 95, it does not work with Windows 98. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
IP: Logged
INSPECTOR
Member # 291

posted 11-28-1999 09:44 PM     Profile for INSPECTOR   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
what jstick are you running?
Posts: 109 | From: omaha, ne | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
splashmike
unregistered

posted 11-29-1999 05:08 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have a Microsoft Sidewinder 3D Pro.
Truro
Member # 679

posted 11-29-1999 06:19 AM     Profile for Truro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Download the game profiler software from microsoft.com, then you'll have a utility that's very versatile for programming the stick.
Posts: 1441 | From: Tulsa, Ok | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
INSPECTOR
Member # 291

posted 11-29-1999 05:48 PM     Profile for INSPECTOR   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
as truro says, try http://www.microsoft.com/products/hardware/sidewinder/downloads/default.htm

d/l and install ver. 3.02 of the profiler software, see if that doesnt help

Posts: 109 | From: omaha, ne | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
splashmike
unregistered

posted 11-29-1999 06:10 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the tips. I'll give it a try.
mbaxter
Member # 191

posted 11-29-1999 07:01 PM     Profile for mbaxter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The hat switch will not work automatically in the game. You need to use the MS Sidewinder software.

Do this:

1) Make a profile for LB2
2) Program the hat switch like this:

UP = F1
Right = F3
Down = F4
Left = F2

This is what I do and it works very well. When you hit the Hat Down, it will put you in virtual cockpit view. Once there, hold down ALT and move the joystick to pan your view around. It works really great! When done in this way, the cockpit panning in LB2 is simply the best I've ever seen in any sim.

Try it, or if you'd like, I can make a profile for you, and send you the file.

Posts: 1687 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
splashmike
unregistered

posted 11-30-1999 07:42 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I downloaded the Microsoft profiler software. Once a profile is created, how do you access it from LB2?
wpack5
Member # 1190

posted 11-30-1999 06:48 PM     Profile for wpack5   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You need to activate the new profile before entering LB2. After opening the SW profile activator, check the profile box that you've created. Close SW program and then open LB2. Note - once you've turned on your new profile, the stick will always use the new mapping, even if the computer is rebooted. You must go back into the SW software to uncheck the profile.
splashmike
unregistered

posted 12-01-1999 06:12 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks. I'll give it a try tonight.
GLS
unregistered

posted 01-08-2000 11:33 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm having the same problem with a CH Flightstick Pro joystick. Are there any solutions to this hat problem with this stick? Thanks for any help.

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.