my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » Anyone still flying Longbow 2?

Author Topic: Anyone still flying Longbow 2?
fodder
Member # 636

posted 11-04-1999 05:50 PM     Profile for fodder   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello all,
I just got a full CH HOTAS and I decided that I would take a second look at LB2 now that I have decent controls... wow! I sure am glad I did!

I am realizing what I missed in this awesome sim the first time around. I used to have an old crappy two button stick and IMHO this great sim is really unplayable with out a good programmamble HOTAS setup.

I have found Flexman's page and am using the CH .ptw file posted there to great effect with my new controls. Having my HOTAS fully setup for this sim has made me want to spend some serious time with it.

Is anyone still playing LB2? I would love to hook up and try out the great multiplayer aspects that this game offers over the web!

any one interested?

Feel free to drop me a line anytime and we'll see if we can hook up and take on some reds.
Duane "Fodder" Roland
[email protected]

Haggart
Member # 154

posted 11-05-1999 11:24 AM     Profile for Haggart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Finished with LB2? Just started LB1!-- and Windows 98 does'nt seem to like it. Too much DOS maybe.
Posts: 74 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Der Cin
Member # 727

posted 11-05-1999 11:40 AM     Profile for Der Cin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What area are you from, I could probably be talked into flying...

I'm a little rusty, but at one time I could fly at 160 mph at 30-40 feet off the ground in a Black Hawk...

Co-op is the way to go...

I'm in the Seattle area...

Posts: 30 | From: Sumner, WA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
fodder
Member # 636

posted 11-05-1999 12:41 PM     Profile for fodder   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Der Sin,
I'm in the Seattle area as well.

Live right in the Wallingford/U.W area.

shoot me a mail at work, maybe we can hook up for some co-op...

[email protected]

SGAV8R
Member # 638

posted 11-06-1999 11:12 AM     Profile for SGAV8R   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi guys, don't stay in the US, but still fly LB2 occasionally. I too rediscovered the joys of a HOTAS after my Suncom setup. Next target, the Elite rudder pedals or the CH Pro Peds and then, build the thing AROUND me ala the HOTAS setup
Posts: 667 | From: Singapore | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
fodder
Member # 636

posted 11-08-1999 01:46 AM     Profile for fodder   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Guys get ahold of me on ICQ. My number is 982669.

Fodder out!

Cyclic
unregistered

posted 11-08-1999 05:17 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey fodder,

Is this the same Fodder from Flexmans old 404th, if so then yeh Im looking at getting my LB-2 fired up again for another round. So is Sansul so send me an e-mail with your ICQ number.

[email protected]

Out

IP: Logged
BlackMoria
unregistered

posted 11-08-1999 08:33 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A lot of the diehard Longbow 2 (and Apache Havoc)crowd hang out in the Longbow discussion group at http://www.onelist.com/community/Longbow
Multiplayer matches are always being organized there and the discussion group benefits by having at least one real Apache pilot as a member who offers insightful tips on what it is like to fly the real thing. If you are a 'Longbow-er' this is the place to be.

IP: Logged
Vector
Member # 463

posted 11-08-1999 10:14 AM     Profile for Vector   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I loaded up Longbow 2 today and was looking forward to the game as I haven't been playing it recently. But when the auto load comes up and I click on PLAY, I get a weird error in windows. I'll try to post later today what it said exactly. I can get into the game if I double click the icon directly, but when I try and create a new pilot, the game quits to desktop. I use a Diamon Monster 3d II and an S3 Savage 2, with Saitek x36 combo.

------------------
-Vector, Flight Sim Enthusiast

Posts: 903 | From: Comox, BC, Canada | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Der Cin
Member # 727

posted 11-08-1999 11:24 AM     Profile for Der Cin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Fodder, I don't ICQ, I have enough media flying at my head, but you can email either one of us.

So you are in the Seattle area?

Posts: 30 | From: Sumner, WA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Vector
Member # 463

posted 11-08-1999 09:03 PM     Profile for Vector   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ah, I fixed it. The game just had to be installed under Janes\Longbow2

I tried to put it under Jane's Combat Sims as thats where ww2 is installed. Now I have two janes directories :P

------------------
-Vector, Flight Sim Enthusiast

Posts: 903 | From: Comox, BC, Canada | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
INSPECTOR
Member # 291

posted 11-09-1999 07:28 PM     Profile for INSPECTOR   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
naw cyclic, that aint fodda ....

but maybe fodder is his nephew he, eh,e hhehe

ICQ 6955768 here, come join up with us
404th mercenaries .... :-}

Posts: 109 | From: omaha, ne | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Enforcer
Member # 85

posted 11-12-1999 02:29 PM     Profile for Enforcer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I had a great flight this week with 3 pilots from the 101st and us three from the 404th Mercenaries.

I have to find time to get more of these flights, but it was sure nice to be part of a 6 pilots Lb2 mission, especially with voice coms. (BC).

I would not recommend to have that many on a campaign however because we don't get into the mission planner, but once in a while it's quite neat to see all those "human" piloted helos in the sky close to you, hehe.

Enforcer.

Posts: 342 | From: Brossard, Québec, Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Fatdog
Member # 73

posted 11-12-1999 04:00 PM     Profile for Fatdog     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Inspector, or Enforcer,

Is there a website for the 404th?

Fatdog

Posts: 74 | From: Merrimack, NH | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
INSPECTOR
Member # 291

posted 11-12-1999 07:13 PM     Profile for INSPECTOR   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
c.o. Enforcercer is working on the 404th mercenaries lb2 website { :-) }

till then , you can find some of our campain files at
http://www1.xe.net/~wtonsmann/lb2/

Posts: 109 | From: omaha, ne | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Fatdog
Member # 73

posted 11-12-1999 07:34 PM     Profile for Fatdog     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thank you!

Fatdog

Posts: 74 | From: Merrimack, NH | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.