my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » Comanche vs Hokkum

Author Topic: Comanche vs Hokkum
Case
Member # 788

posted 11-02-1999 04:06 AM     Profile for Case   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anyone know or has any info on this sim(URL;s or newsgroup?). I really want to know if there are going to be more trees and/or more infantry in this game. Remember HIND..heheh

------------------
Sincerely

Jimmy Larsson

Posts: 44 | From: Östhammar, Uppland, Sweden | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Zed
Member # 64

posted 11-02-1999 11:05 AM     Profile for Zed     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well you can look at Empire's own site @ www.empire.co.uk, look under ECTS; other than that (just a few screen shots) there is no in-depth information about what is going to be new in this sim. Expect a media blitz closer to the release date, Q1 '00. My honest opinion is that judging from AH, it will be very difficult to incorporate moving infantry due to the level of model complexity (poly counts would be silly) and remember that the main threat that infantry poses is that of the manpad systems and this is already in AH. So I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Zed

Posts: 866 | From: Midlands, UK | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Case
Member # 788

posted 11-02-1999 11:21 AM     Profile for Case   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The movement itself dont need to be awefully nice if you understand what i mean with that (The animation dont need to be like a First person shooter)But seeing a ranger squad run for cover to a UH-60 would be really nice. Of course there are to ways at seeing at helo warfare, one is the main battle tank busting duty. Or we have the whole package. You need to find a balance with this i suppose . But i think the 3d code in AH seems very good. I dont know how it handles at lower clocked processor myself havin a by todays standards a "medium" based system with an 450 mhz P2. But with a good gfx card that supports T & L and dx 7. Its like you said, we can only wait and see(I myself are waiting for my Geforce card

------------------
Sincerely

Jimmy Larsson

[This message has been edited by Case (edited 11-02-1999).]

Posts: 44 | From: Östhammar, Uppland, Sweden | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Zed
Member # 64

posted 11-02-1999 12:36 PM     Profile for Zed     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As far as i know (what tech support told me) AH does not support hardware T&L...and boy, does it need it! I'm running P3-600 & V2 SLI, and still chugging now & when when the whole situation gets hot!

Zed

Posts: 866 | From: Midlands, UK | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.