my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » Apache - Havoc Multiplay

Author Topic: Apache - Havoc Multiplay
Kly
Member # 659

posted 10-19-1999 07:20 PM     Profile for Kly   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

i'm having trouble finding any A-H Multiplay areas. Can any one point me in a good direction. Or do you fancy starting up a Squadron or something? I would appreaciate a reply.

------------------
Anything once, twice for a giggle!

Posts: 2 | From: Oxford,oxon,England | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Zero G
Member # 311

posted 10-20-1999 12:47 AM     Profile for Zero G   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The i-net multiplay in A-H is one of the very few problem areas with it. The only good place to point you at is local LAN parties. A-H suffers from a second-a few seconds of lag for the client. This problem was never solved

Z

Posts: 374 | From: Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
CEP}I{AHT
Member # 328

posted 10-20-1999 06:07 AM     Profile for CEP}I{AHT   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nevertheless, the multiplayer happens to be alive and in the moment we are in the A-H community trying to arrange East-West match.
You might also want ot look at the following site:
http://home.att.net/~m.starace/ah/hgntm.htm

------------------
Independant Helicopter Squadron RuAF

[This message has been edited by CEP}I{AHT (edited 10-20-1999).]

Posts: 151 | From: FSU | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Kly
Member # 659

posted 10-21-1999 05:18 PM     Profile for Kly   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cheers guy's. I actually found the A-H Multiplay forum the other day. Let's see what that brings.

And I'm all up for an East V West. Though I don't seem to be able to understand your website. Greek perchance? Or Italian? Or maybe Chinese? Oh Russian. Should of guessed.

Cheers again. Drop me a line at [email protected]

------------------
Anything once, twice for a giggle!

Posts: 2 | From: Oxford,oxon,England | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Richard 'Flexman' Hawley
Member # 55

posted 10-22-1999 12:48 PM     Profile for Richard 'Flexman' Hawley   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's a might fine web page CEP}I{AHT, I may have to learn a little russian.

Posts: 396 | From: West Yorkshire, United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Blaze
Member # 198

posted 10-22-1999 03:20 PM     Profile for Blaze   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmm, a web page about chopper sims not mentioning Jane's LB1/2 with a single word, but Team Alligator instead ...!?
Bessy
unregistered

posted 10-22-1999 07:30 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Huh ?

Who mentioned Alligator ?
Does anyone know when Alligator's meant to be out or what's in it ? I read the interview here a while back and it looks as if it could be a bit of fun.

IP: Logged
Ozias
unregistered

posted 10-22-1999 07:59 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Team Alligator is a sim of the Ka-52b Hokum, done by the same team that did Team Apache, Simis. Some of the screenshots I've seen in previews look pretty good, try the preview on this site.

Simis also did Mig-29, Mig-29M Superfulcrum and Av-8B Harrier Attack.

IP: Logged
Richard 'Flexman' Hawley
Member # 55

posted 10-23-1999 06:44 AM     Profile for Richard 'Flexman' Hawley   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well sites about LB2 have been done. Nothing wrong in something a bit more up to date.

And Team Alligator does look rather nice.

Hopefully multiplay in the "Toilet Engaged" series will improve now that some experience has been garnered.

Posts: 396 | From: West Yorkshire, United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Zed
Member # 64

posted 10-23-1999 07:21 AM     Profile for Zed     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So i was on one of my merry romps of the internet yesterday, when i found this @ Aeroworld.net from '97:

"Mi-28N Seen Flying

The Moscow Helicopter Plant, also known as the Mil design bureau, has publicly shown its newest combat helicopter in flight. Aircraft #014, which is the first development prototype of the Mi-28N all-weather anti-tank helicopter, made a ten-min flight before journalists' eyes during which the Mil test-pilot Yudin immaculately performed rather difficult maneuvers at a height of 10 - 20 meters.
The effect made by the display flight was so powerful that Colonel General Vitaly Pavlov, the Commander of the Russian Army Aviation, decided to test the aircraft himself. Honored Military Pilot and Hero of the Soviet Union for actions in Afghanistan on the Mi-24 and Mi-8 combat helicopters, Pavlov lifted off Aircraft 014, kept it at a height of about one meter, made a 70-degree turn and landed.

"The child has been born!" exclaimed the General upon climbing out of the cockpit. "It is a pity I was limited on fuel to only one minute," he grumbled. "The readiness of the helicopter is very high," the General carried on, "and we will continue to finance the program." Vitaly Pavlov added that the final decision on whether to put the Mi-28N in service with Russian Army Aviation will be made by the test-pilots of the 30th Institute and army pilots of the 344th Center.

Georgy Sinelshikov, the newly-appointed General Director and General Designer of the Moscow Helicopter Plant, says, "This particular aircraft [#014] has a new fully-digital flight control/navigation complex of the four plus generation. Sadly, I cannot open the cockpit for journalists for security reasons. The cockpit meets all modern requirements. Data are displayed on color, multi-functional, liquid-crystal screens. The fully-digital on-board complex allows automatic terrain-following flights at a height of 5 meters with the aid of a digital map loaded into computer memory."

The Mi-28N carries on its stub wings 16 Ataka anti-tank command-guided missiles, Igla air-to-air missiles, 80- and 130-mm unguided rockets. A single-barrel 30-mm 2A42 cannon with 250 rounds is mounted on a movable platform under the nose. "The helicopter can fly and fire in good and bad weather by day and night," Sinelshikov states. Night-flying is carried out with the help of a mast-mounted radar, Geofizika night goggles and infra-red sensors.

The radar from NPO Almaz not only allows detection of armored vehicles at a distance of up to 10 km, but solves navigation functions as well. During night flight it helps the pilot avoid such obstacles as houses, lamp-posts and trees. Details on the FLIR remain scarce; Mil people only say that 99% of the components in the on-board complex are Russian-made."

This would indicate that the Razorworks team got the dash of the Mi-28 wrong, bummer! They would have had access to this though so they might not have had any choice. Would be nice to see what it does look like though.

Ah, Team Alligator...don't you just hate NDAs .

Zed

Posts: 866 | From: Midlands, UK | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Richard 'Flexman' Hawley
Member # 55

posted 10-23-1999 10:33 AM     Profile for Richard 'Flexman' Hawley   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

The dash in A-H is near identical to the picture I have of it (taken by Partick Allen - I think that picture is also in the manual somewhere but probably badly trimmed).

Thing is, with so many sensor fits on these prototypes there is no definitive cockpit per say.

Same with the Ka-50 and 52 (more so with the 52 as it looks like it's going to vary from customer to customer).

And I know taht article is a few years old now, but does anyone buy the "only fuel for a one minute flight" excuse? :-)

Sounds funny to me.

Zed
Member # 64

posted 10-23-1999 11:57 AM     Profile for Zed     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't know, i would have expected to see it with LCD MFDs by now, and all the picture in the A-H maunal you refer to are of the Mi28A, not the Mi28N, which is quite a bit more advanced machine. I guess the point is what will the RuAF avionics fit be. As for the one minute thing, well it could be that he was not scheduled to flight, and had an attack of school-boyish, 'must have a go' (i know i would ).

Zed

Posts: 866 | From: Midlands, UK | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Richard 'Flexman' Hawley
Member # 55

posted 10-23-1999 05:38 PM     Profile for Richard 'Flexman' Hawley   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
MIL displayed an A model Havoc badged as an N in Paris, with a phoney (or *very* badly fitted) radome on the mast. One gust of wind and that Malteeser on the mast probably would have blown off.

Ok it was badged as a concept for the night attack model but when there's no other data to work with and all the specs are in flux you gotta take what you got. You can't project how it's going to change over the next two years. That's the way it is. If this is what MIL display and badge as N, there's little point in second guessing them.

Even the Karmov Design Bureau's Ka-50 had a remarkably similar cockpit (different configuration but pretty similar).

Given the investment in the Apahce program I'm supprised they don't have holographic displays in those cockpits. Maybe that's the big secret about some of the WAH-64 avionics package :-)

(And I'd love to have had a go in the MIL too, but alarms going off have a way of cutting flights short. I recall reading the Sweeds had a few things to say about the Havoc's reliability after it's trials there in 95 - I'm sure it's better now <g> just having a bit of fun.)

Regards,

Case
Member # 788

posted 11-02-1999 02:08 AM     Profile for Case   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I wondering if there are any gents or ladies from the nordic regions in europe. Like Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Finland or Russia who plays Apache vs Havoc. if youre dedicated enough and have some spare money lying around what about getting together some time for some real LAN with version 1.1e. Run it with dedicated server and all that. This should be a future project, LAN;s are the best. Maybe if we email Razorworks maybe we can try some "alpha" version of Comanche vs Hokkum. This is of course only speculating. But i like to see a future LAN in this region which i live in. A little rough to fly to GB or Germany or something

Posts: 44 | From: Östhammar, Uppland, Sweden | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Blaze
Member # 198

posted 11-02-1999 01:30 PM     Profile for Blaze   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Good luck Case,

we don't even get our act together for Germany alone. :-(

Blaze

Case
Member # 788

posted 11-03-1999 01:02 AM     Profile for Case   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thats to bad, the thing is if you want to do this right, there must of course be planning and such, maybe if whole Europe would meet, the thing are with these kind of things that they are expensive so i suppose most humans dont want to sacrifice enough money to make these things happen. To bad;(

------------------
Sincerely

Jimmy Larsson

Posts: 44 | From: Östhammar, Uppland, Sweden | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.