my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » Anyone still playing Hind?

Author Topic: Anyone still playing Hind?
goon
Member # 457

posted 10-01-1999 09:08 AM     Profile for goon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm revisiting the wonderful Hind, and have a minor problem. When the 3DFX versionis patched up to the Voodoo2 version, the arrows for Rate of Climb/Descent and range to target at the left and right margins of the HUD are missing. I can live without the Rate but Range is kind of important. Any ideas.
Also, pointers to sites with any unofficial addons etc. would be most welcome.
Thanks in advance,
Goon

Posts: 124 | From: Stafford, England | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
CEP}I{AHT
Member # 328

posted 10-08-1999 10:13 AM     Profile for CEP}I{AHT   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have the same problem - unfortunately didn't find solution yet or any info on it. There is also most of the chatter lost in the patched version - not important, but kinda lost atmosphere.
I wonder if we could make multiplayer work for Hind over Inet - would have been neat.

Posts: 151 | From: FSU | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Michael Dutton
Member # 558

posted 10-09-1999 10:16 PM     Profile for Michael Dutton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have the same problem & have bought it to the attention of Digital Integration, the coders of the original UK release.

However there intent now is to continue with future products, having to their mind spent an acceptable amount of time on patching the game. This was bought to their attention a year ago, just after the release of the voodoo 2 patch.

The only solution I can offer, is to play the game in software mode.

Killer13
Member # 470

posted 10-11-1999 01:23 PM     Profile for Killer13   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Any of you fellow Hind pilots have any tips on getting Hind to work in 3dfx mode? I haven't been able to get it to work. I have a PII 450 with a Voodoo 3 3000. I woul love to play it and see what it looks like. Thanks.

Posts: 8 | From: Austin, TX | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
CEP}I{AHT
Member # 328

posted 10-14-1999 09:28 AM     Profile for CEP}I{AHT   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Unless V3 could emulate somehow 3dfx2 mode - I think you can't. I'm running HIND on V2 - no problem.
Posts: 151 | From: FSU | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.