my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs. Hokum   » Have problem running EECH with Gforce3 etc... Read on...Help

Author Topic: Have problem running EECH with Gforce3 etc... Read on...Help
Sulhelka-Ronin
Member # 9254

posted 08-29-2001 07:17 PM     Profile for Sulhelka-Ronin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey guys. I have emailed the makers of EECH 3 times as well as the service contract holders, in the space of a month. I know it is not the makers of EECH that holds the contract for service or techsupport, they gave me the address and I emailed the proper people just to let you know...I would put there name down, but I am at work and I cannot remember. Anyway, I still have not had a response. So I bought my subscription to CS.com and here I am. So here is my question.

I am running an Athalon 1.4 with 512mb Ram, latest VIA 4in1 Drivers, Geforce3 Card 12.41 Drivers, DX8a, MSI K7Turbo-R motherboard in Windows 98SE, and I cannot get EECH to run. I can get the interface to come up but I cannot see the spinning helicopter or start the game. It CTDs when I try to join my flight or locks up when I enter the cockpit, but is a black screen. Any clues would be helpful.

Thanks Guys

--------------------

If you found me, you needed me.

Posts: 5 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Admin
Administrator
Member # 1

posted 08-29-2001 07:32 PM     Profile for Admin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sulhelka-Ronin,

Sounds like you have a great computer, so perhaps it's the game's own settings that are tripping you up.

What in-game video setting options do you have configured?

--------------------

Douglas Helmer
Forum Administrator
[email protected]

Posts: 2792 | From: COMBATSIM.COM | Registered: Sep 99  |  IP: Logged
Sulhelka-Ronin
Member # 9254

posted 08-29-2001 07:37 PM     Profile for Sulhelka-Ronin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Default with the game. I did not set anything different in the settings. I tried all the settings and the default. It did see the video card, but that is about it. I am amazed that there is no traffic on this site...in the forums for this area. You ever consider opening up the forum of certain areas?

--------------------

Admin
Administrator
Member # 1

posted 08-29-2001 10:17 PM     Profile for Admin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sulhelka-Ronin,

Forums are pretty slow everywhere these days. I think it's just a lull that corresponds to the severe lack of new combat sims.

Anyway, to the task at hand. Let's talk patches. Apparently, the English version of the game doesn't require a patch, but there is what they call the "X-Patch" which fixes some specific problems. Click here for more info.

Now, after reading all that patch nonsense, you might want to fiddle with the in-game video settings again. In the meantime, I'm going to see if I can find my copy of EECH (I fear I gave it away, however).

Keep me posted.

--------------------

Douglas Helmer
Forum Administrator
[email protected]

Sulhelka-Ronin
Member # 9254

posted 08-29-2001 11:28 PM     Profile for Sulhelka-Ronin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the help I will again try the settings in the game and see what I can come up with. I will report in a while...

Thanks Pal...

Ronin

--------------------

Sulhelka-Ronin
Member # 9254

posted 08-30-2001 01:15 PM     Profile for Sulhelka-Ronin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OK So I got it to work. I found a cryptic article on another site that allowed me to try to use a command line method in the launching of the program. I used the -notnl at the command, and it worked. The problem is that the TNL engine in the 12.41 drivers does not like some of the games other than Janes F18... So for those with that problem, there it is. Hopefully Nvidia can sort that one out....

--------------------

Admin
Administrator
Member # 1

posted 08-30-2001 06:13 PM     Profile for Admin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sulhelka-Ronin,

Glad to hear you got it all sorted out. Sounds like you are one of the few that has encountered it, which I guess is a good thing?

I never did find my copy, guess I lent it out and it never found its way back I'll have to go pick up another copy.

--------------------

Douglas Helmer
Forum Administrator
[email protected]

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.