Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » EAW Archive 1   » hud colors

Author Topic: hud colors
expo
Member # 1752

posted 02-12-2000 08:39 AM     Profile for expo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I know most of you "hardcorers" probably dont fly with the target boxes on...but...has anyone come up with good settings in the INI file of EAW that allow the wording...etc to be read in all terrains? I have some trouble seeing the gunsight in the desert terrain...thinking of changing everything to red...since it is the easiest to see in all terrains. the green hud for the speed, alt. etc is hard to see in the winter terrains...etc.

any suggestions?

JWC
Member # 116

posted 02-12-2000 10:28 AM     Profile for JWC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
expo:

[good settings...that allow the wording...etc to be read in all terrains? ]

AFAIK, Gavin (?) is the only one who has ever stated the results of his color change. I think he came up with a khaki shade to replace the green for use with winter terrain. I've been trying to make my green show up more by using a version of violet. I think most of us just do our own experimenting. EAW Control 2000 actually includes a way to change all the values for the red and green without having to go into the .ini file. If you want to start out, you could go into the .ini and simply replace the green with one of the other colors used during online play (like violet, orange, etc.). That might be a good place to start. {if you already know the following, just ignore it } To do it, you just text edit the R, G, and B values for green to the same values for whatever other color you want to replace green with.

[I have some trouble seeing the gunsight in the desert terrain[

Changing the HUD color won't effect the gunsight. The gunsight is an add-on sprite file (gunsight.spt-----just like a skins file only from a different CDF). To change the gunsight color you'd have to create a new "gunsight.spt" file with the modified color. I think JG300x_Hartmann has one of the gunsight .PCX files and so do I. If you want one, e-mail him (unless he doesn't want you to-----time considerations and all) or me (I'm at [email protected]). I would think that you'll have to change the sight using colors from the EAW palette (from the skins files), although I really haven't tried using any others to make sure! Also, you'll have to run the modified .PCX file through PicPac in order to transform it into the usable "gunsight.spt" format. (one other interesting piece of information: when I tried making some modifications to the gunsight pcx I found that the sight inverted when I put it into EAW----so you'll probably have to flip the image over before running it through PicPac.)

Posts: 1633 | From: College Station, Texas, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Gen Savage
Member # 585

posted 02-12-2000 04:12 PM     Profile for Gen Savage   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I had problem with HUD colors in regular or Jay's terrain. specifically, I couldn't see the red color well, so I changed it to a shade of yellow. While that works well in Spring and Summer, I lose it in Winter. So, no, I don't think there is one color that will work for all seasons.
Posts: 1642 | From: Houston, Tx USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.