Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » EAW Archive 1   » Psssst. I want to show you something

Author Topic: Psssst. I want to show you something
Rodger Bilko
Member # 2170

posted 02-11-2000 06:39 AM     Profile for Rodger Bilko   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I say chaps, could someone give a run down on how to put a picture into the forum please? much appreciated, now where's my blasted coffee?
Yes dear, coming dear....

------------------
Chocks away, back soon old chap and hey, stay away from my wife or I'll kill ya.

Posts: 6836 | From: Belfast. Northern Ireland. UK | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Slapphead
Member # 59

posted 02-11-2000 07:50 AM     Profile for Slapphead   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Bilko,

1)Find a picture on the inernet
2)right mouse click it(this will bring up the properties box)
3)highlight(left mouse button)and copy(right mouse button,make sure you keep it in the highlighted area)the address in the properties box(it might be something like this: http://banzai.msi.umn.edu/leonardo/vinci_icons/cari_man.gif)
4)paste the address in your post
5)add this[img] directly in front of it
6)add this[/img] at the end of it
7)submit reply,and then presto!

[This message has been edited by Slapphead (edited 02-11-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Slapphead (edited 02-11-2000).]

Posts: 1148 | From: london/uk | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Pharaoh
Member # 1123

posted 02-11-2000 08:13 AM     Profile for Pharaoh   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Hello Rodger.

And if you have a picture on your PC that you're wanting to post, it will have to be uploaded to a web site first, and then the URL copied as Slapphead described.

If you are like me and do not have your own web page, you can use one of the free image hosting sites that many people use for online auctions. I use the following:

http://www.auctionwatch.com/

Check it out; and good luck mate!

[This message has been edited by 56thFG_Pharaoh (edited 02-11-2000).]

Posts: 2180 | From: Harrison, AR,USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Slapphead
Member # 59

posted 02-11-2000 10:18 AM     Profile for Slapphead   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thx for the link/tip Pharaoh.
Giving it a go

Posts: 1148 | From: london/uk | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Rodger Bilko
Member # 2170

posted 02-11-2000 10:32 AM     Profile for Rodger Bilko   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Damn good show chaps, I have my own unlimited web space but I don't know how to use it! I want to post a couple of pics I have. (not on the net).

------------------
Chocks away, back soon old chap and hey, stay away from my wife or I'll kill ya.

Posts: 6836 | From: Belfast. Northern Ireland. UK | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.