Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » EAW Archive 1   » THE BIRDS!!!!!!

Author Topic: THE BIRDS!!!!!!
56thFG Savlan CO
Member # 957

posted 02-10-2000 12:32 PM     Profile for 56thFG Savlan CO   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thanks to LLV34 Snefens, we now have CONFIRMATION of the darn birds!! Thanks for the pic, Snef!

S!

------------------
56th F.G.Savlan - C.O.
ICQ 34891398
Visit the home of the 56th Fighter Group...
http://www.savlan.com/56FG/

[This message has been edited by 56thFG Savlan CO (edited 02-10-2000).]

[This message has been edited by 56thFG Savlan CO (edited 02-10-2000).]

Posts: 57 | From: Babylon, NY USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Gavin
Member # 1127

posted 02-10-2000 01:07 PM     Profile for Gavin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
We would need an aircraft actually hitting one of the birds, with visual effect, for a true confirmation. These birds could have easily been cut and pasted into the picture with Paint Shop or some such tool...

Gavin Klast, famous Government skeptic.

------------------
"Only the spirit of attack, born in a brave heart, will bring success to any fighter aircraft, no matter how highly
developed it may be." - Adolf Galland.

Posts: 370 | From: Victoria, BC, Canada. | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cortilein
Member # 1503

posted 02-10-2000 03:37 PM     Profile for Cortilein     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Awwwww, how cute! I wonder what those have as armament...

Hey, Donster! If we ever get the EAW code, what about setting up something like BABESEED=30, hehe...

------------------
Cord Hartmann

Cord's EAW Page

[This message has been edited by Cortilein (edited 02-10-2000).]

Donster
Member # 196

posted 02-10-2000 03:51 PM     Profile for Donster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Herr Cord,

Ze BabeSeed=30 ist vorbotten! Ist vould case ze joyschtick interferance! Ze enlargen joyschtick vould prevent ze proper flying und
der flieger could pass out vrom ze lack of blood to ze brain!

Herr Donster

Posts: 10794 | From: Cedar Rapids, Iowa USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Slapphead
Member # 59

posted 02-10-2000 03:57 PM     Profile for Slapphead   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
LLV34 Snefens,

I Salute you sir.

Good show old chap!

Posts: 1148 | From: london/uk | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
JG300x_Bury
Member # 2246

posted 02-10-2000 04:46 PM     Profile for JG300x_Bury   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Nice shot Snefens! I never would have believed it. I spent all day once looking for NeuSchwanstein castle with no luck. That would have been a neat little surprise if it would have been there! I did find the Von Trapp cottage on the hillside though!
Posts: 94 | From: Spring,Texas | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Doc Holiday
Member # 3083

posted 02-10-2000 05:39 PM     Profile for Doc Holiday   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Absolutely, under no circumstances should you attempt to fly into the geese! Doing so resulted in a damaged monitor. Actually, it was shattered, and feathers went everywhere! Also, renter's and homeowner's insurance will not cover such "accidents".
SPANKY
Member # 1063

posted 02-10-2000 10:14 PM     Profile for SPANKY   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Quick question ?? is it BirdSeed=30 or Birdseed=30 it was coverd a while back but i don't think anyone had a answer
Posts: 68 | From: parksville b.c. canada | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Brian Smith
Member # 1176

posted 02-10-2000 10:45 PM     Profile for Brian Smith   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Ah! They DO exist. Thanks for proving it. I was beginning to think they were an urban myth! Now all I have to worry about is my Mosquito co-pilot isn't a little old lady with hairy arms and a hatchet in a paper bag!

I still suspect the BirdSeed command is bogus though....

Posts: 122 | From: Sydney Australia | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
JWC
Member # 116

posted 02-11-2000 01:13 AM     Profile for JWC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Chris Coon posted recently about the birds (well, actually the post was about another topic but he addressed the birds, too) and noted that they were added in one of the patches (1.2?) but are a random occurrence. So apparently "Birdseed=30" or whatever has nothing to do with their appearance (at least, I think that's the case).
Posts: 1633 | From: College Station, Texas, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
TEFjr
Member # 1667

posted 02-11-2000 01:20 AM     Profile for TEFjr   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I've seen them a few times on takeoff. Usually overhead a ways off. Look like little specs in the sky. I never saw them before I put BirdSeed=30 in the ini file.
Slapphead
Member # 59

posted 02-11-2000 04:37 AM     Profile for Slapphead   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Hey Sneff`s,

I read somewhere that you paused the flight and then used the free roaming camera.
What`s the command for free roaming(my eaw manual`s at work) ?

S!

Posts: 1148 | From: london/uk | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
The Quiet Man
Member # 2180

posted 02-11-2000 09:30 AM     Profile for The Quiet Man   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
JWC,

According to my faulty memory, ages ago, there was a discussion started by Pasha regarding the BirdSeed line in ini. Either Chris C or Branden G from MP (again relying on my faulty memory), that the # used referred to the amount of time that the birds would spawn. IE, the bigger the number, the less likely you would see them.

This discussion happened before the current forum software/layout was put in place, so the message thread is long gone. Do any of the "more veteran" members remember this thread? Or maybe I have too much blood in my caffiene stream, (it's still kinda early west coast US time).

TQM

------------------
En boca cerrada, no entran moscas.

Posts: 2165 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
JWC
Member # 116

posted 02-11-2000 09:36 AM     Profile for JWC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I remember it (Pasha's "BirdSeed" post and geese pics) too. In fact, I brought it up a couple of weeks ago. Chris Coon's comments concerning the appearance of birds in the sim were fairly recent. As I recall, he stated that this was an addition of one of the other team members and that it was a random occurrence. Someone else had earlier posted that the "BirdSeed=30" was a joke. I'm still not sure if that is the case or not. Anyway, I have my .ini file set to "BirdSeed=30" just in case.
Posts: 1633 | From: College Station, Texas, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Vexi
Member # 1904

posted 02-11-2000 10:33 AM     Profile for Vexi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
If there is a random factor for birds,could
that be used for something else.for exemple
for enemy planes.Imagine after completing
your mission and hunting trains without knowing who is behind you.Maybe this is only
a dream.
Vexi

Posts: 107 | From: Finland | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
LLv34_Snefens
Member # 72

posted 02-11-2000 12:33 PM     Profile for LLv34_Snefens   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Slapp, free camera is at Ctrl+F12. Move back and fourth by holding mouse button and move down and up.

As for the .ini file, I can just say that I have never added any "birdseed=x" to my file.

------------------
"Head-ons are for pilots that don't know what their next move should be"

LLv34 Snefens
RO, Lentolaivue 34

Posts: 329 | From: Aarhus, Denmark | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tinku
Member # 1214

posted 02-11-2000 02:58 PM     Profile for Tinku   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Hi quiet man,

excuse me, but I had to laugh...

Do you know what your sig (TQM) means in South America? Probably not, so I'll tell you:

Te Quiero Mucho...(I like you a lot)

I thought you were making indecent advances to JWC! LOL! :-)

Tinku

The Quiet Man
Member # 2180

posted 02-11-2000 04:36 PM     Profile for The Quiet Man   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Duh, hadn't thought of that. I use Spanish so seldom, my brain doesn't make those connections. I have a hard enough time making connections in my first language, much less the second.

Means the same thing where I grew up too, (New Mexico USA).

TQM - (No I'm Not Flirting Dammit!)

[This message has been edited by The Quiet Man (edited 02-11-2000).]

Jamie Richards
Member # 1405

posted 02-11-2000 04:44 PM     Profile for Jamie Richards   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
No, no, Quiet Man...

Tinku was referring to your initials "TQM"!

Posts: 588 | From: Toronto, Ontario, CANADA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
The Quiet Man
Member # 2180

posted 02-11-2000 04:46 PM     Profile for The Quiet Man   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jamie,

Guess you posted when I was editing my first reply.

TQM

[This message has been edited by The Quiet Man (edited 02-11-2000).]

All times are MST (US)  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.