Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » EAW Archive 1   » Stall/spin bug in EAW??

Author Topic: Stall/spin bug in EAW??
JG5_Jerry
Member # 1076

posted 02-10-2000 01:57 AM     Profile for JG5_Jerry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I dunno why I haven't posted about this before...
Anyway, it seems to me that once an aircraft has recovered from a stall that had become a spin in EAW, it's performance is thereafter degraded. Okay, I understand that this may be because the stall/spin has done some damage. On the other hand, I've noticed that this also happens in on-line and LAN games - but with 2 other strange effects.
Say you recover form a spin, and the plane gets it's performance degraded. Well, if you get shot down, the next respawned plane that you're flying suffers from the same performance problem!! Also, if you go into a spin and apply full opposite rudder, but crash as you're doing so, the new plane you respawn in starts off with it's rudder in full deflection too! It's almost as if the code just makes your new plane a copy of the old one! This rudder problem sometimes seems to occur when you use Alt+J too.

I know that this isn't a figment of my imagination , as a workmate who flies EAW with me on the LAN where I work has also noticed it.

Thoughts anyone?

------------------
C/O, Jagdgeschwader 5 'Eismeer'

http://www.madasafish.com/jerry/jg5

Posts: 702 | From: Kingston-Upon-Thames, UK | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Capitan Manduca
Member # 918

posted 02-10-2000 02:06 AM     Profile for Capitan Manduca   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Say you recover form a spin, and the plane gets it's performance degraded. Well, if you get shot down,
the next respawned plane that you're flying suffers from the same performance problem!!

I don't know. In my last online engagement after been shot down I didn't notice this.

quote:
Also, if you go
into a spin and apply full opposite rudder, but crash as you're doing so, the new plane you respawn in
starts off with it's rudder in full deflection too!

Yes, I have noticed this too on offline and online games as well if you use alt+j you have the AI previously selected weapons.

------------------
"Roll over, spin round and come in behind them. Move to their blindsides and firing again"
Iron Maiden - Aces High

Posts: 888 | From: Madrid, España | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
No609OzZiggy
Member # 2890

posted 02-10-2000 05:25 AM     Profile for No609OzZiggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
yup jerry it aint just you ..and hey where is my medal for flying a p47 (eaw 1.2)on the zone last night heheheheheheeh

S!

Oh my god! They killed OzZiggy! You Bastards!

------------------
The Foot just aint enough
(i need the whole rabbit)

Posts: 109 | From: germany | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Gavin
Member # 1127

posted 02-10-2000 12:07 PM     Profile for Gavin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
That's a superstition! Post it in my thread!

------------------
"Only the spirit of attack, born in a brave heart, will bring success to any fighter aircraft, no matter how highly
developed it may be." - Adolf Galland.

Posts: 370 | From: Victoria, BC, Canada. | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
JG5_Jerry
Member # 1076

posted 02-11-2000 02:10 AM     Profile for JG5_Jerry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
NO - it's NOT - you try it!

------------------
C/O, Jagdgeschwader 5 'Eismeer'

http://www.madasafish.com/jerry/jg5

Posts: 702 | From: Kingston-Upon-Thames, UK | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Emil
Member # 1289

posted 02-11-2000 02:29 AM     Profile for Emil   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jerry is right. I noticed it after coming out of a spin yesterday in my very capable and fast Bf-109 F4 while chasing a P-40 Kittyhawk over the North-African desert. My plane didn't make speed anymore and it felt unstable as if it could go in a new spin any moment.
BTW my Messerschmitt wasn't damaged by enemy fire before I pulled it into a (high speed) stall and spin.

S!

------------------
"Alles zu retten, muss alles gewagt werden." - Schiller

Posts: 578 | From: Belgium | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.