Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » EAW Archive 1   » BILKO GETS WILCO & THREATENED BY ROMMEL (Page 1)

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Author Topic: BILKO GETS WILCO & THREATENED BY ROMMEL
Rodger Bilko
Member # 2170

posted 02-07-2000 08:56 AM     Profile for Rodger Bilko   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Afternoon chaps, had a damn good go on the zone last night with my sidekick for the evening, that spiffing fellow Slappers.
(thanks Slapps me old mate) Now I have wilco and I don't have a slightest clue how to use it. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Now for the shockingly, horribly awful news.
That beastly foe known as grommet, sorry Rommel has had a bit of a swip at my chin and missed. please read Bilko and ICQ.
Then you will see what a dastardly chap he is, what.

------------------
Chocks away, back soon old chap and hey, stay away from my wife or I'll kill ya.

Posts: 6836 | From: Belfast. Northern Ireland. UK | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
musgrove
Member # 1643

posted 02-07-2000 09:05 AM     Profile for musgrove   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Rodger,
You have to follow the RW directions and test the program. Do you have a full duplex sound card? This is essential for both listening and talking with Roger Wilco...most SoundBlaster 64 and 128 PCI cards will be OK. Do you have a good microphone...headsets work best. If you need help hang out on the Zone and we'll try to help you!

Musgrove

Posts: 1245 | From: CT, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Rodger Bilko
Member # 2170

posted 02-07-2000 09:10 AM     Profile for Rodger Bilko   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Musgrove, Thanks awfully old boy, I have a Sounblater 64PCI. wHATS rw?

------------------
Chocks away, back soon old chap and hey, stay away from my wife or I'll kill ya.

Posts: 6836 | From: Belfast. Northern Ireland. UK | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
musgrove
Member # 1643

posted 02-07-2000 09:13 AM     Profile for musgrove   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Rodger,
RW...abbreviation for Roger Wilco communication software...I thought when you said "I have wilco" you were referring to the fact that you downloaded it!

Musgrove

Rodger Bilko
Member # 2170

posted 02-07-2000 09:17 AM     Profile for Rodger Bilko   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Sorry, yes I do have wilco and i have tested,12121212.
over

------------------

musgrove
Member # 1643

posted 02-07-2000 09:26 AM     Profile for musgrove   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Rodger,
Then what you will need to do online is get the IP address from the person you want to talk to and press the Join button. You also need to decide whether to hear mic clicks and what key on the keyboard that you want to use to send a transmission...most people use the END or INSERT keys as most sims don't have any commands assigned to them

Mus

Rodger Bilko
Member # 2170

posted 02-07-2000 09:31 AM     Profile for Rodger Bilko   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Cheers Mussers old boy, I have to pop orf to do some workypoos, back later.
Over & Out.

------------------

musgrove
Member # 1643

posted 02-07-2000 09:32 AM     Profile for musgrove   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Bilko,
Did you get icq also?
http://www.icq.com

It's really useful to message people online.

Musgrove

Rodger Bilko
Member # 2170

posted 02-07-2000 09:33 AM     Profile for Rodger Bilko   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
NO, not yet.

------------------

Edwin Rommel
Member # 357

posted 02-07-2000 09:55 AM     Profile for Edwin Rommel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Sooo- Herr Bilko,

Vill you be zhere?- Hermann hates it vhen ve waste fuel!

E.R.

Posts: 4399 | From: Dusty Oasis, Nord Afrika | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Rodger Bilko
Member # 2170

posted 02-07-2000 11:24 AM     Profile for Rodger Bilko   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
AAAAH, You scoundrel Rommel, I'll have to check first, but don't think I'm running. I'll deal with you later, when I round up some good men that know how to knock out the hun.
Musgrove, Installed ICQ, Looks a bit complicated to me. What's the routine?
Over

------------------

musgrove
Member # 1643

posted 02-07-2000 01:24 PM     Profile for musgrove   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Rodger,
You need to add online friends by typing their ICQ numbers using the menus...an easy way is to make your unique number public (at least to the EAW crowd) so we can send you an ICQ...then you can add us to your list. I'm sure other folks will have some other good advice for you! I'd give you mine (ICQ) now, but I don't have it memorized. I think you can get mine from the ICQ website itself if you search by Nickname.

Musgrove

Rodger Bilko
Member # 2170

posted 02-07-2000 06:11 PM     Profile for Rodger Bilko   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Mussers old chap, spiffing what, I got ICQ installed and added your No.
Thanks old bean.
Toodlepip.

------------------

Rodger Bilko
Member # 2170

posted 02-07-2000 06:16 PM     Profile for Rodger Bilko   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Sorry, heres what that racel Rommel said...
quote:
Originally posted by Edwin Rommel:
Herr Bilko

Ze offer was für ICQ, not IQ???

You have indicated zhat you desperately vant to meet me ins areal combat to ze death?

Tomorrow, 15h00 GMT, 2 nautical miles due west off Cap Griz Nez, Hanni 7- don't be late!, Pack a tootbrush und zome warm clothes!

Danke

E.R.

[This message has been edited by Edwin Rommel (edited 02-07-2000).]

------------------

Edwin Rommel
Member # 357

posted 02-08-2000 02:03 AM     Profile for Edwin Rommel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Herr oder ist es Frau Bilko?

Ze offer still stands- If you kom alone, I kom alone- If you bring friends, I bring friends- ze choice ist yours!

E.R.

Posts: 4399 | From: Dusty Oasis, Nord Afrika | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Rodger Bilko
Member # 2170

posted 02-08-2000 04:15 AM     Profile for Rodger Bilko   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Rommel,
Oh yes, I'm up for it you, you, oh never mind. Anyway, could we go through a few things first?
1. I would like the idea of having my good comrade Slappers fighting along with me.

2. Could we take the spins and stalls off? Yes seems weak I know, but I want the dogfight to last.

3.Do you have Wilco? If so do you want to use it? and if yes again, could somebody show me how?

4. Remember I am new to EAW and have only flew online twice. I'm not looking for special treatment, just don't want to look a complete fool you know!

If you have any ideas let me know.

Bilko out.

------------------

Edwin Rommel
Member # 357

posted 02-08-2000 04:22 AM     Profile for Edwin Rommel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Herr Bilko

Zhis vould have to be ein virtual imaginary meeting- Ich bin not on-line- so Ich shoot you down in meiner imagination ja!!

S!

I vill be circling Cap Griz Nez at Hanni 7 at 15h00- If unsere Radar detect you have friends, Ich vill make sure ve have enough ob meiner kameraden up to shoot deiner down!

Ze challenge was done in recognition of your numerous attempts to draw me out!!

See you over der Kanal- In it ich glaube, mit oder mitout spins und stalls!!

Danke
E.R.

Rodger Bilko
Member # 2170

posted 02-08-2000 04:33 AM     Profile for Rodger Bilko   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Right, lets get this straight you scoundrel, Cap Griz Nez? Whats that all about? Goodness me, you blasted Krauts, I wish you would speak English, Oh maybe this will work.

I VISH YOOZ VULD SPEEKEZ ZEE INGLISH YA!

If I could understand you I wouldn't have to go through this blasted thing again,

DUZ YUZ HAZ ZEE VILCO YA?

------------------

Edwin Rommel
Member # 357

posted 02-08-2000 04:53 AM     Profile for Edwin Rommel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Ja Ja Ich try!

Mister Bodger Rilco, ach Roger Biloko- I am not an on-line flieger- zhis ist too expensive for mein excuse my small budget- but since you keep on challenging me in several posts, I give you a change to try your luck in an imagined engagement Ja?

Is dis klar- ach himmel- clear enough?

Vatch your six!

E.R.

Ps. Ich, err I vill write the story about ze engagement, und you decide ze outcome? hehehehe!

Rodger Bilko
Member # 2170

posted 02-08-2000 05:02 AM     Profile for Rodger Bilko   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
OH you rotten, dirty, blasted thingmy.
OK lets see now....

------------------

Edwin Rommel
Member # 357

posted 02-08-2000 05:53 AM     Profile for Edwin Rommel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The four ME 110 C's are climbing through Hani 5 on a northerly heading just North of Abbeville. Their current route will take them towards Boulogne and Calais. The sun is halfway towards the horizon in the west, the time is 14 H00 GMT, closer to 16H00 in this part of France.

The wingtips and exhaust stacks of the climbing fighters rakes lines from the cold wet air from time to time. A thin cloud layer at 3000 meters hides most of the ground, while a further cloud layer at 9 000 meters hides the sun sporadically.

Through this mottled arena the Me 110's climb towards their date with destiny, a point west of Cap Griz Nez-

"Hier ist Adler einz nach bodenkontrolle, Adler einz nach bodenkontrolle, kanst du etwas auf der Aufspüringsgerat sehen"

"Hier ist LOKI bodenkontrolle, Hier ist Loki Bodenkontrole nach Adler Einz, Negativ, Kein Feinde, Kein Feinde"

"Ach Shultz- ve should have known- Roger Bilko waß all talk ja?"

The Me 110's climb higher, now going through Hani 8, and turns directly west

Tannethal
Member # 666

posted 02-08-2000 06:26 AM     Profile for Tannethal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"So this Rodger Brillklo has escaped ze Tommie toast parties on the Manston runway, at Martlesham (now called Martlesham heat) and Croydon.
Letz see vat ve can do about zat."
and Tannethal walks off towards a lone Me109E3 from EGr 210, with a droptank attached.

Read http://www.combatsim.com/ubb/Forum24/HTML/002087.html to learn what happened before.

[This message has been edited by Tannethal (edited 02-08-2000).]

Posts: 537 | From: Olbernhau Germany | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Rodger Bilko
Member # 2170

posted 02-08-2000 06:59 AM     Profile for Rodger Bilko   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Hang on, I still writing My part....
Rodger Bilko
Member # 2170

posted 02-08-2000 07:15 AM     Profile for Rodger Bilko   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Bilko was sitting on an oil drum staring through the hanger doors wondering what it would look like with the hanger doors open. He knew his time would come, he just didn't know when. It was like waiting on an insect crossing the airfield, an insect so small that it could take days, maybe weeks. He lit up another Woodbine and waited...
Then suddenly out of the blue, the siren went off, like... a siren going off. He jumped up and ran to his trusty Spitfire, a lovely number with only one previous owner. His legs were like a soft, rubbery substance, maybe jelly, who knows? Once in the plane he started the engine and then the hanger doors opened, like...you can guess.
The radio's crackled with commands and call signs and for one fleeting moment he forgot his own, then he remembered and guffawed to himself, "how could I forget".
OK "Ramrod". ok called Bilko.
The signal then came to take off..to a fighter sweep at Abbeyville...

TO BE CONTINUED, AFTER A WORD FROM OUR SPONSORS.

**** -A-DOODLE-DOO.

------------------

Rodger Bilko
Member # 2170

posted 02-08-2000 07:25 AM     Profile for Rodger Bilko   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Not goo I know, don't be too hard on me I'm not very good at this.
Cheers chappies.

------------------

Rodger Bilko
Member # 2170

posted 02-08-2000 07:27 AM     Profile for Rodger Bilko   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
GOOD NOT GOO!
Narrator
Member # 1077

posted 02-08-2000 07:46 AM     Profile for Narrator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Rommel is woken from his daydream by the urgent jabbering of LOKI ground control in his earphones

"ALARM, ALARM, Adler feuhrer, Adler Feuhrer, Sechs Indianer, Sechs Indianer, Hani 6, Kurst Ost- 35 km"

"Ach gut- Adler feuhrer an alle- Gehen nach Hani 10, 270°, Hani 10, 270°"

"Twei- Click"
"Drei- Click"
"Feur-Click"

Und what ze hell do you mean by not good- it ist excellent!- Buck up Roger me boyo- you have a scrap on your hands!

Edwin Rommel
Member # 357

posted 02-08-2000 08:04 AM     Profile for Edwin Rommel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Rommel clicks his microphone-

"Adler Feuhrer nach Tann 1-bist du ganz da?-"

The Four Me 110's crab upwards until they disappear into the misty streaks of high clouds- the condensation trails , and most of the staffel are now hidden, as they drone westwards towards the last reported position of the enemy planes

The radio crackles again[/i]

"Hier ist LOKI bodenkontrolle- Indianer nun Hani 6, vektor 279, 15 km"

The four Me's adjust their heading slightly and drones on

Rodger Bilko
Member # 2170

posted 02-08-2000 08:28 AM     Profile for Rodger Bilko   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
When the group of Spitfires had reached its altitude of six thousand feet and the sound of the engines made a steady groaning... like a really big swarm of bees above ones head... Bilko found himself drifting off with distant thoughts of home and how life was before this wretched war broke out like a dose of the clap, which Bilko did catch one time while on manoeuvres Clapham Common. But thats another story.
He thought of his dear wife and how they used to sit by the river on summer days drinking ice tea and it was with trepidation that Bilko was about to face the enemy and he wondered if those days would return.

WE'LL BE RIGHT BACK, AFTER THIS BREAK....

------------------

Narrator
Member # 1077

posted 02-08-2000 08:40 AM     Profile for Narrator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Bilko taps the side of his altimeter- the needle trembles a bit and then the clock starts turning to indicate the correct height of 15 000 ft- funny how these altimeters often stick at 6000 ft
Edwin Rommel
Member # 357

posted 02-08-2000 08:49 AM     Profile for Edwin Rommel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
In the Me 110 staffel

"Achtung Adler feuhrer, hier ist feur- sechs Spitfeur, 12 uhr nieder!"

"Adler feuhrer an alle, bleib zusammen"

The Me 110's remain high above the Spitfires, maintaining their heading and speed---- The two flights pass each other without the Spifires been aware of the high flight of German planes for the time being.

"Hier ist Adler Feuhrer, Tann Einz, bist du da"

"Click"

Rodger Bilko
Member # 2170

posted 02-08-2000 09:14 AM     Profile for Rodger Bilko   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Good grief, give us a break, I've got three kids running round me here. It's a bit of a struggle trying to do something like this.
I'm no good at this writing stuff and my brain hurts...

------------------

Tannethal
Member # 666

posted 02-08-2000 09:21 AM     Profile for Tannethal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
In the lone 109E
"Adlerfeuhrer Hier Tann1, kommen!
I hav niedrig Benzinpegel und very gross Hunger, ich muss fliegen zurück!"

Narrator
Member # 1077

posted 02-08-2000 09:24 AM     Profile for Narrator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A voice suddenly talks softly in Roger Bilko's earphone-

"You are doing well Rog- play with the kids take a break, and Slapp is calling you on the other channel- he want's to go flying- We'll break here for today"

All of a sudden the flight of Spitfires stops in mid-air, The drone of the overhead Me 110's fades to nothing- Shulzie's finger that has been digging in his nostril freezes just there- suspended animation time!

Rodger Bilko
Member # 2170

posted 02-08-2000 09:25 AM     Profile for Rodger Bilko   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
All of a sudden Wilko is snapped out of his dream like state by screaming Kraut voices over his radio...hang on, their not screaming, their laughing, bugger, " ME 110'S, I can't see how many,(crackle, crackle,crackle) hang on, there's four, excellent, those Hun think there is only four Spitfires,(crackle, crackle, crackle) don't realise we have another 8".

OK "Ramrod" go get the blighters...

------------------

Rodger Bilko
Member # 2170

posted 02-08-2000 09:34 AM     Profile for Rodger Bilko   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thanks chaps,
Will call back later.
Rommel's in trouble what?heheheheheheheheeheheheeheheeheheh.

------------------

The Quiet Man
Member # 2180

posted 02-08-2000 09:36 AM     Profile for The Quiet Man   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Roger,

Your doing fine Bubba, don't worry about "Good" or "Bad" writing, that is only a hangover from your long ago school days. Herr Rommel and Tann will help you along.

I am told the pain goes away when the kids get a place of their own. In the mean time, maybe a movie to occupy them? Then, you can concentrate on the emportant stuff, like EAW forum!!

------------------
En boca cerrada, no entran moscas.

Posts: 2165 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Edwin Rommel
Member # 357

posted 02-08-2000 10:33 AM     Profile for Edwin Rommel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The nose of the rearmost Spitfire in the second vic suddenly rears up, a thin line of smoke from the exhaust stubs indicating a throttle that has been slammed through the gate

"ALARM-Sie Komt"

"Adlerflug, Kommen sie mit"

The leading Me 110 turns sharply to the right and the rest of the finger four follows in well-trained order- Although outnumbered by the British Fighters, both the altitude advantage and bad up-sun position of the attacking Me 110's count against the now wildly breaking Spitfire flight

"Adler Feuhrer nach Tann einz- Sofort zurück- Du can eat later, und ze Bezin vould just have to be enough, du kan always glide home!- Mach schnell- Die Tommies komt!!"

"Adler Feuhrer, Hier ist LOKI bodenkontrolle- noch sechs Indianer auf vektor 279, noch sechs Indianer auf Hani 7, vektor 279- wir senden noch Jaegers dahin"

The sirens wail at St. Omer- A Geschwader of Me 109's roars into the air minutes later
To be continued- Ich bin also "hungry" now!

Narrator
Member # 1077

posted 02-09-2000 02:30 AM     Profile for Narrator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The altitude advantage and sun-up position of the Me 110 flight count in their favour, in this otherwise unequal fight. As soon as the schwarm has turned onto the reciprocal heading to the madly turning Spitfires, the whole formation speeds up in an all-out power dive.

The Zerstorers tear through the Spitfires, Nose mounted 20mm and MG's spitting fire. Four of the Spitfires tumble virtually immediately, mortally wounded. A fifth limps away, trailing a long plume of Glycol.

The Me 110's do not wait to see the results, but continue their airframe rattling dive towards the French coast.

A lone Spitfire remains, the ashen faced pilot staring after the fast disappearing German planes……

Tannethal
Member # 666

posted 02-09-2000 03:52 AM     Profile for Tannethal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Tannethal in the cockpit decides to return to the battle that just started. Seeing four Spitfires in a deadly dive towards the seas and a fifth trailing grey glycol fumes he grumbles a litte:"First he calls me back zen Rommel solves ze matter allein! Aha da is ja von, I grab zis von for me!"and he starts diving towards a lone and wild turning Spitfire.

The Spit just finished it's turn flying level now and the pilot seems to have recovered from the shock about the first deliberate attack by the 110Cs but he's not aware of the fast closing Emil.

Tannethal makes a fast inspection of the squadmarkings,"Scheiss not ze squadronfeuhrer, but i vill grab him anaway!"
He lines the Spits engine up with the orange glowing crosshair in his REVI 16 and gives a little deflection, then he presses the trigger.Bang,bang Ratatat Two machineguns and three cannons release a deadly shower of steel bullets and explosive shells.
The spit and its pilot were nowhere near to have a chance, the plane trembles as if shaken by a giant fist, small parts break away and the engine is set in fire.
"Steig aus! Verdamich steig aus!" although being a fighter, Tannethal is not a bloodthirsty monster, and as if the pilot had heard him, the canopy flies away and moments later a figure emerges from the doomed plane.
After a few seconds a bright white chute appears.
"Gut gemacht!Loki Bodenkotrolle hier Tann einz, zere are some Tommies swimming in ze sea north of Kap Griz-Nez send immediately von Such und rescue plane over!""Hier Wotan, acknoledged Tann einz SnR is on ze way!"

Three more Spitfires come into his view but Tannethal decides that one is enough and fighting with odds against him isn't exactly fun.
Giving the decending tommie a last tumbs up as he passes near the chute, Tannethal dives away and heads for the french coast.

[This message has been edited by Tannethal (edited 02-09-2000).]

All times are MST (US)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.