Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » EAW Archive 1   » Running out of planes?

Author Topic: Running out of planes?
TEFjr
Member # 1667

posted 02-08-2000 11:31 PM     Profile for TEFjr   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I'm flying a career in a P-51B starting in 1943. We started with several aircraft but as the months have gone by, the group has been getting smaller. It's now Jan. of '45 and I'm in command now with only my wingman with me. Is this the norm? It seems like after D-Day the group has shrunk. Also, the invasion seemed to be at the end of May instead of June 6.(My birthday) Has anyone else noticed this?
The Quiet Man
Member # 2180

posted 02-09-2000 12:25 AM     Profile for The Quiet Man   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The campaigns are dynamic in that the historic dates, (D-Day, VE-Day, etc) will move forward or backward depending on how well the war is going for your side.

The number of planes and/or pilots you have available will also depend on how well your squad does. Like you, I have flown missions with only my wingman as company, even though there was a full squadron of pilots available.

Flying 109's during BoB without Opa's energy fighter hack will also leave you with no AIdiots as company, pending of course, you can swim the channel to get home

TQM

------------------
En boca cerrada, no entran moscas.

Posts: 2165 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
RossC
Member # 1062

posted 02-09-2000 12:29 AM     Profile for RossC   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Hopefully you get resupplied soon! If you don't, I believe you lose the war - I ran out of planes in the BoB, flying for the RAF, and lost the battle. Jerries invaded! Make sure neither you nor your wingnut get shot down anytime soon, or it's game over.

The date of D-Day shifts depending on how well you do in your career - it will come earlier if you do a good job sweeping the Germans out of the skies. "Dynamic" campaigning, though I wouldn't think that one pilot would have such a huge effect on the war I've seen D-Day come on various dates, the closest to historical being June 4, I think, and some after June 6.

~Ross

[This message has been edited by RossC (edited 02-09-2000).]

Posts: 394 | From: Williams Lake, BC, Canada | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Capitan Manduca
Member # 918

posted 02-09-2000 01:18 AM     Profile for Capitan Manduca   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The same happened to me in BoB flying for the Luftwaffe with the morepilots and ExtraSquads enabled. At third mission we were just me and my wingman against hordes of tommies trying to cover Stukas. You can imagine how we ended Yes, we sunk "like lead into the sea" (Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner, by Iron Maiden)

BTW Quiet Man, I hope you understand your signature "En boca cerrada no entran moscas" if you don't speak spanish.

------------------
"Roll over, spin round and come in behind them. Move to their blindsides and firing again"
Iron Maiden - Aces High

Posts: 888 | From: Madrid, España | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
The Quiet Man
Member # 2180

posted 02-09-2000 08:59 AM     Profile for The Quiet Man   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Capitan,

Seems to apply, considering I am "The Quiet Man" .

Ross, yes, the campaign is not truly "dynamic", I meant it only in the way that your results do affect the arrival of invasions or the end of the war.

I didn't know England could be invaded. Is there a video depicting this?

TQM

------------------
En boca cerrada, no entran moscas.

Posts: 2165 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
RossC
Member # 1062

posted 02-09-2000 03:57 PM     Profile for RossC   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Yes, there is a video depicting the invasion of England - paratroops jumping out of Ju52's, landing craft hitting the beach and etc.

I was leading a mission with just two of us in our last two aircraft, both got shot down (I jumped out and survived), and before the final defbrief, the video rolled. Then I got a career summary screen, and then the hall of fame screen. Didn't get resupplied soon enough., unfortunately. Oh, well

~Ross

Posts: 394 | From: Williams Lake, BC, Canada | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Nashwan
Member # 91

posted 02-09-2000 05:08 PM     Profile for Nashwan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I'm not 100% sure about this, so don't quote me, but I think if you check the squadron board to see when replacements are due they don't arrive. Going on leave to exit a game also seems to delay reinforcement. It may just be me, but since I've stopped doing this I get reinforced every 2-3 missions.

All times are MST (US)  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.