Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » EAW Archive 1   » EAW Stab 1.2 Final Update Status

Author Topic: EAW Stab 1.2 Final Update Status
matttm
Member # 662

posted 02-06-2000 03:08 PM     Profile for matttm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Meiner Damen und Herren,

Just a quick update. The good news is that EAW Stab 1.2 will be released later this week.

These are the features that made the cut:

Single clicking the EAW Stab icon in the Windows Taskbar will display the current 'active' career.

There is now an option to set the active career before launching EAW. Useful if you want to play several careers concurrently.

Terrains have been changed to Terrain sets with each set optionally having four seasons. This also works in Automatic Mode!

Support for number of Terrain sets has been increased.

Support for number of external programs has been increased.

Any external program can now be configured. You are not restricted to programs in the EAW folder and below.

You can configure EAW Stab operating parameters through the application (not Terrain sets or external programs though).

And...

There is now support for copying Skins when the terrain changes. Yes, this means that if Winter terrain is loaded, you can load Winter Skins. Skins Manager writers you may want to take note! All you will need to do is load the appropriate Skins folders and EAW Stab will load.

Lastly, installing EAW Stab automatically empties your bank account - JUST KIDDING!!!!

Donster, I have gone through the 5 Swedish girls you gave me for the last release. Get another set ready.

Hope you find the above informative.

Matt.

[This message has been edited by matttm (edited 02-06-2000).]

Posts: 692 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Donster
Member # 196

posted 02-06-2000 03:20 PM     Profile for Donster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!
matttm, you the MAN! Will start the Babe Search immediatly!

Donster

Posts: 10794 | From: Cedar Rapids, Iowa USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Slapphead
Member # 59

posted 02-06-2000 04:32 PM     Profile for Slapphead   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
matttm,

Exellent stuff sir!

We all owe you a girl or to

Keep up the good work!

S!

Posts: 1148 | From: london/uk | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Gen Savage
Member # 585

posted 02-06-2000 04:39 PM     Profile for Gen Savage   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Outstanding, Matt! Can't wait!
Posts: 1642 | From: Houston, Tx USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Ghostrider
Member # 2062

posted 02-06-2000 04:49 PM     Profile for Ghostrider   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I do not want to appear churlish with my main man Donster here, but you see, I have been on a 6 day whiskey and hooker binge, I'm sitting here at the computer, shakeing like a leaf after just regaining conscienceness and my bleary eyes see something called a stab! I don't know what it is or what it's for but I want it. Where can I get it, and what the hell is it?.

------------------
So let it be written!
So let it be done!

[This message has been edited by Ghostrider (edited 02-06-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Ghostrider (edited 02-06-2000).]

Posts: 75 | From: Wash, Pa. | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
matttm
Member # 662

posted 02-06-2000 05:06 PM     Profile for matttm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Ghostrider,

EAW Stab is a Terrain handler. In Automatic Mode it will check your current career file and load Terrain based on the current Campaign date. In Manual Mode, you can load Terrain and Seasons at a mouse click.

The download URL for the current version is:

http://www.ozemail.com.au/~matttm/eaw/download.html

FYI, Stab is German commonly used in the context of Headquarters. i.e. European Air War Headquarters, roughly.

Matt.

No609_Relent
Member # 1136

posted 02-07-2000 02:27 AM     Profile for No609_Relent   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Sounds great Matt!

Once I get 1.2 I'll have a look see at the directory structure. As I get more done with Skins-n-More (didn't have a chance to work on it this weekend :-( ) I'll make sure it has an option to copy to your structure so your automatic mode can pick up the skins.

One question though... are you copying files from the appropriate sub-folders only, or do you do any clean up first? This really applies to aircraft skins. I.e. one set of planes may have a cockpit view, like a winter skin. Then the same plane for summer may only have the external views skins, so the internal cockpit view would still be the winter version. Just a thought, as I'm planning on doing a pre-clean up before copying files - at least to the EAW folder.

Anyhow, great job Matt!

S! Relent

------------------

C.O. No609 Sqn
No609 Sqn

Relent's EAW Skins

Posts: 288 | From: California, USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Hitech1
Member # 3004

posted 02-07-2000 03:26 PM     Profile for Hitech1   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Matt;

One word OUTASITE.

Hitech1

Posts: 87 | From: Tampa, Florida USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
matttm
Member # 662

posted 02-08-2000 04:05 PM     Profile for matttm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Relent, to answer your question: You do not need to worry. Before EAW Stab copies Terrain files (and Skins with version 1.2), I ALWAYS delete files from the main EAW folder.

Specifically:

*.TER for Terrain files
*.TPC for Skins

And, EAW Stab will be posted tonight at approx 20:00 Australian EDT and we are GMT+11 at the moment so you go figure for your location...

PLEASE, do not hit the web site before as I need to update pages, files etc. I will post on this forum under a new topic when its all go.

Hope you guys will like this version.

Matt.

No609_Relent
Member # 1136

posted 02-08-2000 07:41 PM     Profile for No609_Relent   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Hi Matt,

OK... so you clean up all texture files (i.e. *.tpc and *.ter) - so obviously users will have to put all skin files in the appropriate EAW Stab sub-folder, otherwise whatever skins they had in the EAW folder will be wiped out.

One thought - if you're going to do that, you may want to delete all 3d files as well (i.e. *.3dz), such that if you have a Russian/Pacific theatre skin, it will clean up those .3dz files as well that go along with the .tpc ones.

Looking forward to it... S! Relent

------------------

C.O. No609 Sqn
No609 Sqn

Relent's EAW Skins

Posts: 288 | From: California, USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.