Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » EAW Archive 1   » Vegas ... Vegas BABY ...VEGAS!

Author Topic: Vegas ... Vegas BABY ...VEGAS!
CFrancisco
Member # 33

posted 02-04-2000 06:09 AM     Profile for CFrancisco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
S! Kamaraden,

This idea has been floating around my Panzer Elite unit, and im sure there are those of you who have thought of it also. Im speaking of an EAW Lan convention somewhere in Vegas the land of fun and sand, Showgirls and Tom Jones(HHHMM Tom Jones? ..LOL).

I posted something about a Flight Simmers convention being scheduled in Vegas but this is mostly those new fangled BVR Computer controlled mammy jammies (nutting like being in a knife fight and all you know how to do is push a button) like F4 and F/A18. Our community is large enough, and there is support enough, so is there enough interest to do this? This would be such a great opportunity to meet up with all our fellow EAWers out there in such a party enviroment nothing but good times can come out of this.

CAN this be done? I am willing to coordinate with others interested in trying to get this off the ground. If there is enough interest that is.

------------------
Obersleutnant K. von Hess
I/JG52 Gruppen Kommandeur

quote:
God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best.
Voltaire (1694-1778)

Posts: 4364 | From: NYC, NY | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
DBond
Member # 37

posted 02-04-2000 06:52 AM     Profile for DBond   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
CFran~

Change the locale from Vegas to Atlantic City and I will surely be there. I realize that perhaps LV is more centralized for EAW players from all over. And a more fun city to boot. But after all, AC is 10 minutes from my home.

------------------
"Do not ask how strong the enemy is, but where he is to be found." Motto of the Soviet Fighter Pilot

Posts: 814 | From: Mays Landing, N.J.,USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Timon Russo
Member # 1729

posted 02-04-2000 09:42 AM     Profile for Timon Russo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
How about Burlington, VT. #1 place to live in the country.
Posts: 21 | From: Burlington, VT, USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
SkyBoss
Member # 1968

posted 02-04-2000 09:50 AM     Profile for SkyBoss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
How About The SUN SHINE STATE .. Daytona Beach Florida ??? Sun .. Fun ... And The Beach ....
Posts: 156 | From: Daytona Beach Fla. | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
cobraj
Member # 459

posted 02-04-2000 10:40 AM     Profile for cobraj   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
i agree timon burlintong, vt is great, was up there doing service at Burton snowboards
not too long ago...great place but freakin cold!!! atlantic city would be cool too

Posts: 2367 | From: pahked just outside of Boston | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Donster
Member # 196

posted 02-04-2000 10:43 AM     Profile for Donster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
How about Iowa? We could have a Pig Roast!
Centralized location! Not many people around.
Not like the big cities! HEE HEE HEE!

Donster

Posts: 10794 | From: Cedar Rapids, Iowa USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
shok
Member # 122

posted 02-04-2000 11:22 AM     Profile for shok   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I'll go if it's in Vegas and if CFran can show me the Factory Outlet for those Babes he has pictures of.

No kidding. I will go for the EAW con. The babes are a real good bonus tho'!

cobraj
Member # 459

posted 02-04-2000 12:28 PM     Profile for cobraj   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
hey cfran ...just for grins lets have a contest on the best reaction from a wife or girlfriend, when we tell them we want to go to vegas to get together with our eaw forum buddies!!! for example maybe the crossed arms
and tapping of the foot, or the maybe the load answer bull s--t!!!,I know my wife would laugh and say, "hey thats a good one"
tell me another joke...

Posts: 2367 | From: pahked just outside of Boston | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tom McClean
Member # 2674

posted 02-04-2000 03:23 PM     Profile for Tom McClean   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
CFrancisco, I have lived in Las Vegas all my life. Maybe I'll be able to see ya!

I would also like to say that I am also Sargon 1 on this forum.

Good Hunting

[This message has been edited by Tom McClean (edited 02-04-2000).]

KMHPaladin
Member # 240

posted 02-04-2000 06:17 PM     Profile for KMHPaladin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I used to play a mechsim called "Starsiege" and the community members got together in Vegas a year or so back, so it's not entirely a crazy idea (but just for the sake of CFran, let's say it is .) At any rate, I would never make it to Vegas - that little problem of age ... But Atlantic City is only about 60 minutes away, that would probably be more viable.

Good luck, I'm all for the idea even if I probably couldn't go .

------------------
- KMHPaladin
- [email protected]
- "I opened fire when the whole windshield was black with the
enemy... at minimum range it doesn't matter what your angle
is to him or whether you are in a turn or any other maneuver."
- Colonel Erich Hartmann

Posts: 794 | From: RPI - Troy, NY; originally from South Jersey | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Gen Savage
Member # 585

posted 02-04-2000 06:51 PM     Profile for Gen Savage   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I'm not saying I could definitely go to Cfran's gig, but if I did go, forget Atlantic City, Burlington, VT(!), et al. It'd have to be Vegas..Vegas, Baby, Vegas!
Posts: 1642 | From: Houston, Tx USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Donster
Member # 196

posted 02-04-2000 07:08 PM     Profile for Donster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Hell, lets all just meet at Tom's place! He could put us up for a few days, right Tom?

Donster

Posts: 10794 | From: Cedar Rapids, Iowa USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tom McClean
Member # 2674

posted 02-04-2000 07:46 PM     Profile for Tom McClean   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Donster, I would love for you guys to come over! I can arrange for you and your friends to spend 2 weeks at the Bellagio Resort, drinking, partying, drinking, and even drinking. Whoops, I said that already! As you can see I love to drink hard liquor...alot! Hope to see ya soon!

P.S. I can even arrange for you to take the cook's tour of Nellis A.F.B. They let me sit in one of their F-16's.

Good Hunting

cobraj
Member # 459

posted 02-04-2000 08:58 PM     Profile for cobraj   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
WOO-HOO party at tom's place, Cfran it looks
like vegas baby!!!

timon
Member # 2155

posted 02-04-2000 09:28 PM     Profile for timon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As you hinted cobraj, there isn't much to do here in VT besides snowboard and play computer games, when it's this cold out. I just say Burlington so I don't have to lug my machine very far.
Old Guy
Member # 1606

posted 02-04-2000 09:33 PM     Profile for Old Guy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
How about several places at once? We have EAW folks all over the world, from the looks of the postings. Maybe one each in Australia, Las Vegas, Atlantic City, someplace in the British Isles, and on the Continent. Where else?
Wouldn't take much of an electronic hookup to make it seem almost like one place.

Posts: 1769 | From: Fort Collins, Colorado, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
CFrancisco
Member # 33

posted 02-04-2000 11:48 PM     Profile for CFrancisco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
HHHMMM Interesting thought Old Guy ... THAT IS definitely a good idea .. HHHHH ????

HEY! GURUS! Lets get a think tank going see if its viable

------------------
Obersleutnant K. von Hess
I/JG52 Gruppen Kommandeur

quote:
God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best.
Voltaire (1694-1778)

Posts: 4364 | From: NYC, NY | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
randy
Member # 1149

posted 02-05-2000 12:19 AM     Profile for randy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
CFran~
Sounds great to me, would love to meet all
you crazy guys.I won't get any grief from
"she who must be obeyed" as gambling is her
EAW.

Posts: 138 | From: Washington | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
bucky-s
Member # 1588

posted 02-05-2000 12:31 AM     Profile for bucky-s   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
When I move back to America this year I'm THERE, CFran.

Can you wait 'til autumn?

Does anyone know how to get in touch with Tom Jones' management?

Posts: 179 | From: Shizuoka City, Japan | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
No609OzZiggy
Member # 2890

posted 02-05-2000 07:26 AM     Profile for No609OzZiggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
ok im in munich ..so i figurer if i tarveled from australia to here ..then a flight to toms place aint that far count me in as the token aussie

------------------
The Foot just aint enough
(i need the whole rabbit)

Posts: 109 | From: germany | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Edwin Rommel
Member # 357

posted 02-07-2000 05:00 AM     Profile for Edwin Rommel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Hahaaahhh

Herren

Send ze hat around für ze airfare?

hehehe
E.R.

Posts: 4399 | From: Dusty Oasis, Nord Afrika | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.