Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » EAW Archive 1   » EUROPEAN AIR WAR's lack of bombs

Author Topic: EUROPEAN AIR WAR's lack of bombs
sidi
Member # 2834

posted 02-01-2000 11:56 PM     Profile for sidi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I have repeatedly tried to get the game to bomb the targets but it does not want to do it.Every time i configure the game it tells me that the bombs are not available.Now this is getting frustrating for me and i would really like to bomb the crap out of the british by now.Does anyone know how to get the game configured to allow the bombing of targets?If you could post a message that would be graet!thx m8
Posts: 1 | From: felton ca 95018 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
DBond
Member # 37

posted 02-02-2000 06:05 PM     Profile for DBond   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Be sure to load bombs (or rockets, napalm, whatever) at the loadout screen before taking off. If you are flying in a career you will need to be squadron leader to change weapons for the entire squadron. As flight leader, you can change the loadout for the planes in your flight. It should be as easy as that. Although one time when flying online, I got the same "Bombs not available" message although they were clearly visible with the external view. I don't know what else to say since that was the only time I've had external ordinance and have not been able to drop it. Before starting the mission, does the armament screen show bombs?

------------------
"Do not ask how strong the enemy is, but where he is to be found." Motto of the Soviet Fighter Pilot

Posts: 814 | From: Mays Landing, N.J.,USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
matttm
Member # 662

posted 02-02-2000 06:09 PM     Profile for matttm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Before you can drop bombs, you must arm them. Hit the 'R' or 'B' keys for Rockets and Bombs respectively then SPACE to drop them.

Matt.

Posts: 692 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
DBond
Member # 37

posted 02-02-2000 06:16 PM     Profile for DBond   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Matt~

That's not entirely accurate. You are right that ordinance needs to be armed. But it's
"w" for arming bombs. "B" will engage wheel brakes unless you've remapped the key. And if you choose to release stores that are not yet armed, you will recieve a "No weapon selected" message. His post indicates that the game does not recognize bombs are loaded, armed or not.

------------------
"Do not ask how strong the enemy is, but where he is to be found." Motto of the Soviet Fighter Pilot

matttm
Member # 662

posted 02-02-2000 06:38 PM     Profile for matttm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Opps. Mis-read.

I'll shut up...

Matt.

DBond
Member # 37

posted 02-02-2000 07:04 PM     Profile for DBond   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Hey man, I apologize if the tone of my last post seemed somewhat harsh. That was certainly not what I had intended. But re-reading it, it does seem rather authoratative(sp?). Hugs and handshakes brother
matttm
Member # 662

posted 02-02-2000 10:04 PM     Profile for matttm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
ohhh, sweetie, hugs and kisses!!!!

To be honest I cannot remember half the keys as I have them programmed into my Saitek PC Dash and ThrustMaster WCSII/FCS combo. Just push a button for just about everything including wingie/staffel commands!

My fault. I should read the question better.

Hey, are you the DBond that wrote the EAW Add-on article at Frugles(sp?)?

Matt.

DBond
Member # 37

posted 02-02-2000 10:12 PM     Profile for DBond   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Matt~ No problem, man. I envy your setup and not having to remember all of the key commands. And indeed, the article at Frugal's is mine. I wanted to mention your Stab program and many others, but I needed to save a few things for a follow-up article if warranted. Please stop by the forum over there sometime. My goal is to increase the prop community presence at Frugal's, but we don't get much traffic in that department. Hope you liked it. It's pretty basic stuff for CSim's EAW forum regulars, but I was hoping to bring some more players into the fold.
matttm
Member # 662

posted 02-02-2000 10:22 PM     Profile for matttm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
It seems to me, that the sim has 'come alive' again in the last 5 months. It IMO looks like a lot of people that shelved it or passed it first time around have given it another go. I think the add-on market has had a lot to do with this. EAW is not the same as even the 1.2 patch version.

And, Chris Coon (MicroProse) has publicly popped into this forum in the las two days. Interesting...

Matt.

P.S. EAW Stab 1.2 is close...

DBond
Member # 37

posted 02-02-2000 10:42 PM     Profile for DBond   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Right on. That was what I was thinking as well. I'm sure many people bought it and don't play anymore because of limited resolution and the like. With all of the add-ons it really is like a whole new sim. Thanks to industrious and talented blokes like yourself. Man, I join a British website, and I'm already starting to talk like one!

If anyone is interested, the article can be found at http://www.frugalsworld.com/new-eaw.shtml

Again, pretty basic stuff for you guys. But if you do read it, please say a word or two in the forum. Good or bad will do fine. At least Mark will know he didn't add me to the site for no good reason.

------------------

All times are MST (US)  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.