Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » EAW Archive 1   » VOTE!! B-17II

Author Topic: VOTE!! B-17II
Pharaoh
Member # 1123

posted 01-29-2000 10:09 AM     Profile for Pharaoh   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
S! gents,

I know this is non EAW related but since it has appeared that most of us here have been closely following the prgress of this new sim, I wanted to get your attention.

I don't know much of the details but have been led to believe that unless Wayward designs is made aware of just how much we would like to play this ONLINE as well as off, less support will be given to this issue.

Could you all please go here
http://www.bombs-away.net/

and on the right of the page you will see votes.........
Please go and vote for ONLINE.
This could be very important for us who like to fly in the 'online' medium.

------------------
"A mind is like a parachute; it only functions when it is open." Sir Lewis Dewar

One step further, "I may not agree with what you say but will fight to the death for your right to say it"

Posts: 2180 | From: Harrison, AR,USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Lucky_1
Member # 352

posted 01-29-2000 02:05 PM     Profile for Lucky_1   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Pharaoh,

If you looked closely at the survey, most of the votes are for both On-line/Off-line playing time. Which is probably what most people here do with EAW. I fall into that category also. Sometimes I like to fight against humans, other times I'd rather fly a smooth mission for once without the lag.

I would not like Wayward turn this sim into an "on-line" only game. Next thing you know it's pay-per-game, and then it turns into AWIII or WB.

------------------
Two beers, or not two beers. There is no question.

Posts: 635 | From: Knoxville, TN. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Pharaoh
Member # 1123

posted 01-29-2000 08:35 PM     Profile for Pharaoh   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
You're quite right Lucky, I certainly wouldn't want that! I did not see the survey and was going by word of mouth; please forgive me.

------------------
"A mind is like a parachute; it only functions when it is open." Sir Lewis Dewar

One step further, "I may not agree with what you say but will fight to the death for your right to say it"

Posts: 2180 | From: Harrison, AR,USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Hun Hunter
Member # 448

posted 01-30-2000 10:02 AM     Profile for Hun Hunter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I think you both have valid points. I must say that whilst I'd appreciate a decent online experience with this new sim, I live in the UK where being online costs LOTS!. We are promised this will change, but for now I think any serious developer (I count Wayward as one) should spend equal amounts of time and effort on both styles of play. You'll only end up alienating one or the other.
Posts: 1304 | From: In a water tight cavern under Sydney Harbour Bridge | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Enthor
Member # 309

posted 01-30-2000 10:23 AM     Profile for Enthor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I am waiting for B172 also and interested mostly in the online play.

Wayward is building what we all hope is a masterpiece and I think that what little disappointment is suffered will be in the online capabilities.

We were expecting way more numbers than we are going to get online but I belive most of us on both sides of the off/online issue are going to get something very good indeed.

Posts: 51 | From: Houston, Tx. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.