Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » EAW Archive 1   » Can text size be increased at high res?

Author Topic: Can text size be increased at high res?
Sporko
Member # 1938

posted 01-28-2000 10:43 PM     Profile for Sporko   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Sure would be nice to not have to squint to read the text at 1280X1024.
Has anyone figured how to do it? Or is it even possible?

Posts: 384 | From: Alberta, Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jamie Richards
Member # 1405

posted 01-28-2000 11:12 PM     Profile for Jamie Richards   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Not possible...don't worry though! I taught me not to keep looking at my speed and altitude readings constantly -- now I just look at the instruments if necessary! I play at 1280x1024 as well.
Posts: 588 | From: Toronto, Ontario, CANADA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Gen Savage
Member # 585

posted 01-29-2000 12:36 AM     Profile for Gen Savage   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
It's a shame that the text size can't be increased, but it's worth suffering through for the splendid visuals afforded by 1280x1024 resolution! I just wish we could change the colors. I can see the green text better than the red when using Jay's terrain.
Posts: 1642 | From: Houston, Tx USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Sporko
Member # 1938

posted 01-29-2000 01:25 AM     Profile for Sporko   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Hey Gen!
You can change the HUD colors. Look under DISPLAY in the eaw.ini file. I think I'll try some new colors tomorrow. Something must be easier to see than that red and green.
Now......must sleeeeep........zzzzzzzzzz

------------------
Cheers,
Sporko

Posts: 384 | From: Alberta, Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
JWC
Member # 116

posted 01-29-2000 03:27 AM     Profile for JWC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Yes, it's EASY to change HUD colors! First, information is given in the Readme for v1.2 on how to do this. If you look in the eaw.ini file, you will find the entry that looks like this:

[DISPLAY]
HudColor_Red_R=250
HudColor_Red_G=0
HudColor_Red_B=0
HudColor_Blue_R=0
HudColor_Blue_G=0
HudColor_Blue_B=250
HudColor_Green_R=175
HudColor_Green_G=0
HudColor_Green_B=128
HudColor_Yellow_R=255........

and so forth and so on. When you play online in a multiplayer game, all these colors are used. What each one means is pretty simple. Let's take the first three entries from above:

HudColor_Red_R=250
HudColor_Red_G=0
HudColor_Red_B=0

These three listings are for the red HUD color. They mean that the red color you see in the game has 250 parts red (HudColor_Red_R=250), 0 parts green (HudColor_Red_G=0), and 0 parts blue. To change it, you can modify these numbers to anything you want. You'll notice many colors listed in the .ini file. All of these colors can be used in online multiplayer matches. You could simply replace the default red with one of these other colors by substituting their values for the default red ones (Example: you could turn the red into violet or white). Or you could experiment with different shades of red.

As you can see with my file, I'm playing around with my green, since the default green doesn't show up too well on white snow!

Posts: 1633 | From: College Station, Texas, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Gen Savage
Member # 585

posted 01-29-2000 02:54 PM     Profile for Gen Savage   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thanks,guys. And JWC, I've saved yet another of your posts as a Word document!
Posts: 1642 | From: Houston, Tx USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.