Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » EAW Archive 1   » Have you heard about this?!

Author Topic: Have you heard about this?!
Jycceboy
Member # 1765

posted 01-28-2000 11:50 AM     Profile for Jycceboy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Hi there,

Check this site:
http://www.vm3.com/MotionWare/index.html

What a great devise if it really works!

Jycceboy

Posts: 338 | From: Kuopio, Finland | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Slapphead
Member # 59

posted 01-28-2000 12:18 PM     Profile for Slapphead   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jycceboy

I watched this device in use on Tomorrows world (UK); and it seemed to fool people’s balance by triggering the balance system (in the inner ear).

Most subjects that were tested seemed to wobble all over the place (a chap was moving a joystick left and right forwards and back etc, with corresponding movements from the persons wearing the device), and they had it link up to a roller coaster ride!

It seemed to effect most of the tested persons in varying degrees, and surprisingly effected the kids the most.
Some of the people were more responsive in the up and down movements (pitch) whilst others were effected more in the left and right (roll)...

They are working on tuning in the software so as to make the thing work effectively for all...

WOW!!! What a brilliant concept... can you imagine what flying with this thing could be like!

This is the early days of man attempts to master/link up with our internal wiring...

Taking it a step further, we could "con" our body’s pain/temperature/movement/taste/smell receptors etc....

Matrix is around the corner!

What exiting times we have been born in

Posts: 1148 | From: london/uk | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Ziegfried
Member # 1243

posted 01-28-2000 12:24 PM     Profile for Ziegfried   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I'm sure ze spin would be something to avoid at all cost...

I am not sure many would enjoy a device that stimulates motion senses....what if it gets stuck?!?

Zieg.

"Never forget that your weapon was made by the lowest bidder."

Posts: 97 | From: Tulsa, OK, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Gavin
Member # 1127

posted 01-28-2000 01:31 PM     Profile for Gavin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
'A patented method to supply synthetic motion. MotionWare is a Direct Brain Interface Device that triggers nerves to make you feel like you're moving when you're not, without mechanical parts.'

No thanks. Where's the newest VR helmet? That's the only thing I want. We have enough dangerous em radiation flying around our modern world without sticking a big transmitter on our heads and having it blast into our brains.

This thing'll be recalled when the reports of brain tumours start rolling in.

------------------
"Only the spirit of attack, born in a brave heart, will bring success to any fighter aircraft, no matter how highly
developed it may be." - Adolf Galland.

Posts: 370 | From: Victoria, BC, Canada. | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.