Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » EAW Archive 1   » not EAW related but its cool! ...

Author Topic: not EAW related but its cool! ...
CFrancisco
Member # 33

posted 01-27-2000 10:24 AM     Profile for CFrancisco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Can you guys tell me what the hell is this!

YES! i know its a gun ...LOL

------------------
Obersleutnant K. von Hess
I/JG52 Gruppen Kommandeur

quote:
God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best.
Voltaire (1694-1778)

Posts: 4364 | From: NYC, NY | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
wulf_pilot
Member # 1971

posted 01-27-2000 11:28 AM     Profile for wulf_pilot   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Correct me if im wrong but isnt that the new german rifle that fires state of the art caseless ammunition
Posts: 222 | From: Stanhope New Jersey USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Schatten
Member # 93

posted 01-27-2000 11:43 AM     Profile for Schatten   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Nope you aren't wrong Wulf, that's the new G-11, 4.7mm Caseless assault rifle that the Germans developed. Not sure if it's issue yet but might be. It's intended to replace both the G-7 and the various SMGs the German military and police now use. I read somewhere that the cyclic rate on it is so high (somewhere around 1600 rpm) that in 3 round burst the 1st bullet is just leaving the barrel as the 3rd is being fired...Hope it comes with a good cleaning kit...

------------------
Schatten

"Der Horrido...Der Horrido..."

Posts: 2938 | From: Land of the Lost | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Majesty5
Member # 572

posted 01-27-2000 11:52 AM     Profile for Majesty5   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Yep, that's the G11... I think that might be the earlier version, they've made some modifications since. It's a bunch of utter horsesh*t to me though... Caseless ammo, looks like 10000 moving parts, and they only decided to add iron sights as an afterthought. No thanks... I'll take a G3 or an AK-47 over a whiz-bang plastic scientist's gun any day.

At least it doesn't have a PC attached to it like the so-called "Future Assault Rifle" of the US Army's does, though. "Please Mr. Guy in Black PJ's, don't shoot, my computer-driven ranging system/firing rate selector computer crashed!"

Posts: 789 | From: Dallas, TX, USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tinku
Member # 1214

posted 01-27-2000 12:14 PM     Profile for Tinku   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The G11 project was dropped in favor of G36, which is now being introduced into Bundeswehr service. Some select units like Fallschirmjaeger, Fernspaeher, KSK and certain Panzergrenadier Bataaillons already have it. G36 uses standard NATO 5.56 ammo.

Problem with G11 was that the rifle became so hot when firing at high rates that the caseless ammo would ignite before reaching the chamber.

The rifle itself was excellent, the ammo was the problem.

Tinku

kjuice
Member # 1495

posted 01-27-2000 06:08 PM     Profile for kjuice   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
i read about that weapon years ago(bout 6 if i recall right), in a popular science magazine. at the time it was in testing i think. they had the same picture.
Posts: 153 | From: canada | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
JG5_Jerry
Member # 1076

posted 01-28-2000 01:58 AM     Profile for JG5_Jerry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Here's a pic of the 'short version of the G-36:
http://www.remtek.com/arms/hk/mil/g36/g36.htm

They are now in use, and were issued to German troops in Kosovo.

------------------
C/O, Jagdgeschwader 5 'Eismeer'

http://www.madasafish.com/jerry/jg5

Posts: 702 | From: Kingston-Upon-Thames, UK | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
KMHPaladin
Member # 240

posted 01-28-2000 01:49 PM     Profile for KMHPaladin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Hehe... you guys are pretty fast . I believe the weapon was manufactured by Heckler and Koch, though I could be wrong... Anything else that could be added has already been stated, though .

------------------
- KMHPaladin
- [email protected]
- "I opened fire when the whole windshield was black with the
enemy... at minimum range it doesn't matter what your angle
is to him or whether you are in a turn or any other maneuver."
- Colonel Erich Hartmann

Posts: 794 | From: RPI - Troy, NY; originally from South Jersey | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.