Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » EAW Archive 1   » Aircraft Edit V1.6

Author Topic: Aircraft Edit V1.6
TEFjr
Member # 1667

posted 01-25-2000 08:03 AM     Profile for TEFjr   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I was checking the download files here at combatsim and saw a couple of EAW files I'm not sure about. One was called "EAW Pilot" and the other was "Aircraft Edit V1.6". I have most of the addons. What are these? Thanks.
JWC
Member # 116

posted 01-25-2000 09:43 AM     Profile for JWC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
TEFjr:

"EAW Pilot" is a Windows-based editor from Charles Gunst. It allows you to edit information concerning your squadron in campaigns, among other things: the plane your unit flies, where you are based, the date of your next mission, plus you can change the names of your pilots, and adjust their morale/fatigue levels. If you're thinking "hey, that sounds exactly like the 'Squadron Editor' in ECA Control Panel", you're right! EAW Pilot is already included in Control Panel as the "Squadron Editor". If you don't have or don't want to install ECA Control Panel, you can use EAW Pilot to edit your squadron's info. If you have Control Panel, it's probably unnecessary to get EAW Pilot.

"EAW Aircraft Edit" has been designed by Jeroen van Soest and the latest version is v1.06. This allows you to change all sorts of things relating to the performance of the aircraft in EAW. You can modify a whole host of data, such as speed, drag, engine performance, weight, armament, nationality, damage modeling, etc. "Aircraft Edit" actually combines two of Jeroen van Soest's earlier programs: EAW Flight Edit and EAW Gun Edit.

Posts: 1633 | From: College Station, Texas, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Twitch
Member # 75

posted 01-25-2000 09:45 AM     Profile for Twitch   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Get it. It's a utility that allows you to easily change flight model specs, armour and armament.
Posts: 638 | From: L.A. CA U.S.A. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
TEFjr
Member # 1667

posted 01-25-2000 09:47 PM     Profile for TEFjr   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
What about flying online with flight model characteristics changed? Do you have to have the same data as others such as in ECA?
Stanley99
Member # 169

posted 01-25-2000 10:21 PM     Profile for Stanley99     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Yep TEF, EAW has some file-checker-thingamebob, which checks if everyone has the same flight-model. That's why using ECAPanel online is a difficulty - every plane available in this add-on has to be synchronised with all players.

Correct me folks if I am wrong...

Stan

------------------
Every man dies, not every man really lives.

Posts: 3692 | From: Vienna, 3rd rock left | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.