Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » EAW Archive 1   » Airshows & events

Author Topic: Airshows & events
JG5_WrangleWolf
Member # 1039

posted 01-21-2000 07:45 AM     Profile for JG5_WrangleWolf   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
S! to all

If you are interested in airshows and events, visit these URLs:
http://www.scramble.nl/airshows.htm http://www.scramble.nl/events.htm

WWolf

------------------
"Their element is to attack, to track, to hunt, and to destroy the enemy. Only in this way can the skillful and eager fighter pilot display his ability. Tie him
to a narrow and confined task, rob him of his initiative, and you take away from him the best and most valuable qualities he possesses: aggressive
spirit, joy of action and the passion of the hunter."
-Adolf Galland, 104 victories.

Posts: 54 | From: Cunit, Tarragona (Spain) | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
musgrove
Member # 1643

posted 01-21-2000 08:38 AM     Profile for musgrove   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
If you ever get a chance you must check out the WW2 airshows by the Confederate Air Force: they have a flying B-29, P-51s, Corsair, etc. Not to be missed live!

url is: confederateairforce.org

Musgrove

Posts: 1245 | From: CT, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
JG300x_Hartmann
Member # 1952

posted 01-21-2000 10:52 AM     Profile for JG300x_Hartmann   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
S!
They have the only flying B-29 (FiFi).
It dropped the second bomb on Nagasaki. (I think... LOL)
They fly alot close to my home and I go to an airbase (Ellignton) to watch the National Gurad F-16's fly. They put on some great airshows!

Thanks for the info WrangleWolf!!

JG300x_Hartmann

Posts: 640 | From: Houston (Sugar Land), TX | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
MajorLee
Member # 386

posted 01-21-2000 03:05 PM     Profile for MajorLee   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Bock's Car", the B29 which dropped the second atomic bomb now resides at the Air Force museum in Dayton, Ohio.

------------------
Major Lee

Posts: 1374 | From: Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.