Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » EAW Archive 1   » skins

Author Topic: skins
wulf_pilot
Member # 1971

posted 01-19-2000 07:20 PM     Profile for wulf_pilot   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
i have version 1.2 and eca and ecapanel i was just wondering how to use skins
Posts: 222 | From: Stanhope New Jersey USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Airbuddha
Member # 227

posted 01-19-2000 08:14 PM     Profile for Airbuddha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Hi wulf_pilot,

Check the readme file for the skins you download. Do you have Winzip? You'll have to have it, or a program like it. 99.9% of the skins you download will have to be unzipped into your EAW directory, which most likely is C:\Program Files\Microprose Software\European Air War\. Once you've done that, you're done.

There are a few skins out there that will make an extra folder for the skin when you unzip it. That means you'll have to go into that folder and "cut and paste" the files into your EAW directory. The readme files should give you the details if there are any funky extra steps needed.

When you get tired of a skin, and want a new one, just unzip a new one into your EAW folder and overwrite the previous one.

Good luck, Airbuddha
The Hangar

Posts: 430 | From: Slipper Gut, WV, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
wulf_pilot
Member # 1971

posted 01-19-2000 08:43 PM     Profile for wulf_pilot   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
i was on your site and i saw 3dfx and tnt skins does that mean they onoly work in 3d mode?? just curious

Posts: 222 | From: Stanhope New Jersey USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
mane_raptor
Member # 845

posted 01-19-2000 09:12 PM     Profile for mane_raptor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Airbuddha,

Love your new site, I'm going to check it out fully tomorrow (got's to be at work early).

I might recommend that folks start unziping files into seperate folders somewhere. I have a feeling that skin swapping will be a little easier later on and having a collection of folders of your favorite skins will be VERY useful at that time. (HINT, HINT)

------------------
Check six & aim for the cockpit.

Posts: 6145 | From: Maine USA, Proud Member of ELF (EAW Liberation Front) | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Airbuddha
Member # 227

posted 01-19-2000 09:33 PM     Profile for Airbuddha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
wulf_pilot,

3Dfx skins will work with any video card, but you lose some color depth. TNT is actually a generic term that's been tossed around since Picpac came out. We use the moniker TNT since it seems to be the Video Card de jour these days, but TNT skins will work with any video card accept 3Dfx.

TNT skins will not work in 2D mode, or with a 3Dfx video card because the planes appear to neon in the game.

Don't shelve a skin if it looks funny in the "View Objects" area, or the mission briefings. If you've downloaded the appropriate skin for your video card, ie:3Dfx for Voodoo cards, or TNT for all others. It will look fine in the game even though it may appear weird looking in the "View Objects" screen.

I hope this helps, Airbuddha

Posts: 430 | From: Slipper Gut, WV, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
expo
Member # 1752

posted 01-20-2000 06:40 AM     Profile for expo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
mane---

isn't that pretty much what the EAW skinner does? i assume that is what you are referring to.

All times are MST (US)  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.